What's new

The Amazing Race 10 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That's what I liked about it, though, it kept things tight and, at least for me, suspenseful. :emoji_thumbsup:

Man what a great show! I know that all of you AR veterans out there are probably a little jaded on it by now but this being my first season it was so much fun and I had a great time watching, I thoroughly enjoyed every ep, some had me on the edge of my seat literally and yelling at the screen lol.

When does this show come back on for another season?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I passed out trying to watch the finale "live", so I just finished watching the end and wasn't all that impressed by the final leg.

I think TAR is going to have to get rid of the all-male teams to make it a little more interesting.

TAR All-Stars is coming up next year in the winter/spring, I would guess.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
My DVR ended as the first cab pulled up to the finish line so we missed the finale. Also DISH took away our west coast networks so we couldn't see it there either:angry: . Figured the models would win it from what we had seen up to that point. Does anyone ever recall one of three teams not being able to get on the final flight like that?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
It was so easy to guess who'd win this one.

I thought it was a pretty good finale. I was surprised they let them call the families right away to tell them they won. I wonder if there was a team of lawyers at the house warning the families to keep quiet.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
DVR'd it last night, but an email spoiled the end for me this morning...grrrr.
This was my first TAR season, and I enjoyed the heck out of it for various reasons. Will probably watch in the future.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am just glad that Rob & Kimberly didn't win. Both just annoyed the piss out of me the entire race.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

The closest thing I remember was Team Guido from AR1 being ~24 hours behind and getting a clue, while still in Alaska, that said someone had won and the race was over.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know, was Bama so far out of it that the producers just arranged to have them show up at the end or did they complete all of the NYC tasks like the other teams?

Bama really blow it by going to the wrong airport. Even I know that if you are traveling to NYC from Paris that the airport to go to is Charles de Gaul. Oh well I didn’t want them to win anyways but I did feel a little sorry for them as the others boarded the plane.

I can't agree with the comment about doing away with all male teams. This race was won by circumstances that had nothing to do with physical ability which is often the case in the Amazing Race so there is no reason to ban all male teams.

I though this was another fine season and can't wait for the next installment.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Also, upon learning that they were to travel to Hawaii, David/Jeff from TAR4 decided to fly on the first flight out to Sydney, Australia--even after finding out that there were no connecting flights to Hawaii from there. When they finally made it to Hawaii, they were informed about Reichen and Chip's victory.

There's a lot of pros and cons to this All Stars...I'm glad to get a chance to see my favorite teams again and meet some of the ones from seasons I never saw. And considering that there's no voting or anything, nobody can be picked off just for being the best in the past (other than the Yield perhaps). At the same time, part of the fun is seeing the reaction of people like David/Mary who have never been out of the country seeing things they'd never dreamed of getting a chance to see.

As long as it's a tough, fresh course, I think it'll be good.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Bama really blow it by going to the wrong airport. Even I know that if you are traveling to NYC from Paris that the airport to go to is Charles de Gaul.

But they probably hadn't been to Paris (or Europe) before and didn't know that, plus there was some logic in going to the closest airport. NYC is such a major destination that I was surprised they couldn't get a direct flight from the other airport.

I was also curious how far behind they finished and whether they did all the tasks before getting there.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've flown to CDG in 2003. In fact, I might of been in the terminal that had part of the glass ceiling collapse as the pictures I saw of it looked somewhat familiar. But the traffic between CDG and downtown Paris was pretty hefty. We had a shuttle take us and there was a lot of traffic there and in Paris, it's legal for motorcyclists to split lanes so they were left and right all over the lanes.

I'm glad the models won, I didn't want Rob/Kelly or Bama to win really...

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks