What's new

The Amazing Race 10 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think Peter is a masochist, he was really enjoying himself, kicking back, sipping on a soft drink while Sarah was hanging on for dear life on that rope climb.

Scott_Sch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Yeah I found that really disturbing too, seeing as how they hadn't shown that side of his personality before. Maybe its some type of male menopause or something. Kudos to Sarah for getting through the challenge. Plus...enough with all the crying on this show. It always amazes me how much people invest their emotions in this race. Thats why I like teams that have a good time and enjoy it...the others that cry ever second something gets hard really gets on my nerves.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I was completely comfused why is Sarah doing all the rope stuff while Peter sits there making smug comments and encouragement.

She seems like the type that insists on doing those challenges herself, to show she can. Could he really have done it better? It's mostly upper-body strength, and her lower body weight is a plus in lifting herself.

> I think Peter is a masochist, he was really enjoying himself

Maybe you mean sadist? Masochists like to suffer. He didn't seem to be suffering much.

There does seem to be a double standard here depending on whether the man or the woman is doing the challenge.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, typing with too many other things going on this morning, I did mean Peter seemd to be a sadist.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Peter did the first three Roadblocks -- eyeballs, arrows, and flowers -- any of which Sarah probably could have done. A tactical error, although they haven't really suffered from it. Even though it hasn't been mentioned specifically, I would guess that the Roadblock balance thing is still in effect.

Erwin&Godwin "owed" Tom&Terry for letting them follow them to the bus station, but I guess now they don't owe anyone anymore.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
A non eleimination leg. A new twist. Last team gets to keep all their money and belongings, but have to finish first in the next leg or be penalized 30 min. Doesn't seem like a very big penalty if your in front.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
..and Peter is getting worse and worse!!

I liked the big drivers test roadblock in India! I wonder if there was anything that we didn't see.. would be interesting to see the entire driving tests to see how much of it is that hectic and if the teachers were lenient or as strict as they would normally be.

jay

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Not at all a big penalty if you are in front, but check out the departure times for the bottom half on some legs—30 minutes is often the difference between next to last and last—or even fourth from last and last.

Plus that team appears to have a big gap to close—they really need an early bunch up in order to compete.

On a side note, I like this twist, as I was getting tired of watching people beg money and items.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I noticed earlier in the race that the clue specifically prohibited begging for money or selling items (has anybody ever tried that?) during the leg where the racers were given no money, so I wondered how they were going to handle the non-elimination legs. I don't necessarily see a need for any penalty, but this is an interesting one.

This is one of the best races in years, I think. I remember reading that they'd hired a new guy who used to work for Survivor to create the challenges, and the race really does feel re-invigorated.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
The time penalty is a huge disadvantage if the other teams know about it.

After all if a team wants to take it easy in the leg all they need to do is shadow Kentucky and chances are they will be finish ahead of them.

Of course that's taking a big chance since you may run into a challenge that Kentucky finishes really fast and you have a problem with and take 30 minutes more to finish.

So I suspect that no team would try that but they could.

I’m really enjoying this season.

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really glad they did away with the begging stuff. That was a bad idea from the get-go and I wish they had done away with that sooner.

Otoh, I don't understand why they did away with the maximum-6 roadblock rule. Wasn't that rule popular after the Flo/Zach and Colin/Christie teams where the guy did every single challenge and the girl just tagged along? (Aka "the Flo rule.")

Phil hasn't said anything about one team member being limited to 6 roadblocks anymore and I don't understand why they would do away with that rule when I thought it worked really well. I wonder if they did away with it for TAR10 specifically because they were worried how it would affect Peter/Sarah. If so, it's pretty funny that Sarah seems to be doing most of the harder physical challenges.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
I'm excited the Kentucky team is still in the race. They have come to be one of my favorite couples. Yeah, they may seem like bumpkins, but they're ultra cool bumpkins and I love them and very friendly with people of different nature and that gives them a big plus in my book.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Liking this season also.

Seems also that the locations are becoming less scenic and are instead creating a list of places not to visit. Although the challenges are better, the recent trips in crowded, nasal threatening buses and over crowded, dirty streets make this show less of a travel show as in the past. Remind me to cross India off my list ;-)

On another note - how do these poeple not get sick as dogs when eating and traveling as they do? Eating unfamiliar local cuisine can create stomach issues for any traveler, but day after day in new locals must be hell on the intestines.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
From what I gather, they haven't done away with it; they've just stopped mentioning it. I remember toward the end of last race there were comments about "I have to do this one", and I think there's been an occasional mention of that htis year.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Bring back Lena and Kristy!!

I don't see how you can do this and not bring back Rob 'n Ambah. They came in 2nd and probably should have won. It definitely could work a lot better than the other shows' "All Stars" renditions because of the comps/challenges. Keep the Jonathan's and Flo's out of this one.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I can easily see how they could do it without Rob and Amber. So I'll be the first to post, please no more Rob and Amber.

Also, I don't know if they should have won. It seems to me that they lost fair and square and there was just a smidgen of Karmic justice in their losing.

CherylJ

Stunt Coordinator
I don't mind the idea of an all-star TAR, so long as it's limited to teams that didn't win the first time around.

Since Colin and Christie and Mirna and Schmirna have already been invited apparently, I'd like to see some of the nicer and funnier teams balance out the annoying ones.

Bring back: Lena and Kristy, Kris and Jon (if they're still together?), Kevin and Drew, Cha Cha Cha, Brian and Greg, Don and MJ, Ken & Gerard.

Leave out: Jonathan and Victoria. Please. (Although they just had a baby so I hope that would make them unavailable.)

I'm sort of iffy on Romber. They were entertaining but they've already been given three opportunities to be on CBS reality shows. Haven't most people seen enough of them? (Plus I thought Rob had his own cable show now.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks