What's new

The Amazing Race 10 (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Exactly, I guess some people can'r figure it out..

Put handle in bottle neck jack, turn approx 1/8th of a turn to the right to confirm the valve is closed, should pump up normally, now turn the jack handle SLOWLY the other way,and the vehicle will fall.

Too easy eh!

B

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I so wanted the penalized team to get the boot.

Why didn't Peter put Sarah on his back in the final stretch run? It was painful to see her 'run' on her hands and one good leg.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
..Was peter still carrying a backpack? It seemed they had to run on this narrow isthmus in a rice paddy. It would of been pretty hard to carry another person and remain balanced and not slip. I think Mary (sprained Ankle) slipped a few times on that because the Single Mom's mentioning about not being able to help her.

Regarding team TnT, perhaps teams that use illegal methods of transportation should be penalized the time saved + 30 minutes. like if it was a 1 mile hike and they used the motorbikes, perhaps a 15 minute + 30 minute penalty at the end.

Jay

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I'm with you on both comments.

Sarah doesn't look that heavy but perhaps Peter isn't strong enough to do carry her.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Sarah doesn't seem to be the type who would let anybody, Peter included, help her out. Maybe that' just my take on her, but I find a lot of physically challenged people are like that. I doubt she would be happy to have Peter carry her, even if it meant not finishing last and at that point, she probably also knew there were teams behind them during the coal packing challenge...

Maybe she should get a little tin oilcup like the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz and lube her knee a bit every now and then :)

Jay

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Any word on how the ratings have been this season? I haven't managed to find a weekly Neilsen report, but I am enjoying this year's groups quite a bit.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The split hour of TAR/Cold Case did about a 12 share (for scale, Desperate Housewives did a 20 share to set the pace for Sunday night).

zap2it's TV section usually has the nightly ratings articles.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Can somebody let me know what happened Sunday? I guess our cable was out and all dvr recorded was static.

Also, where did you find that they got renewed for 11, I guess I just want to know if there will be a Big Brother 8

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I like The Futon Critic for that kind of info. They have it indexed by show (Shows A-Z in the top menu). But they just did a redesign and they might be a bit behind in updates.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
It's official, I really dislike Peter. He acts very much like the girl in the relationship, and he doesn't deal with adversity very well.

Great season so far.

B

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This episode was pretty entertaining. I hate the team of Rob and Kimberly, and actively root against them. Peter is a tool. T&T at the end got funnier and funnier as their despair level went higher and higher.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I really can't stand Rob and Kimbery, that relationship is doomed. And what the heck was Rob babbling about with his "I'm tired of talking to foreigners." remark? :confused: Perhaps he's forgotten where he is...he's the foreigner lol!

Peter began to get on my nerves when he allowed her to climb that mountain instead of electing to do it himself, even if she wanted to do it there's no way I would have put her through that while I sat back and sipped a drink while relaxing on a boat!

Tom and Terry had a very Cool Runnings moment when he dragged that boat in, sort of reminded me of Frodo and Sam lol.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I totally thought this would be a non-elimination leg. Isn't there 4 of them this season? and so far, we've seen what, zero?

As long as D&K are still there, I'm all good.

Peter is such a tool.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I love the Back Pack group, even though they've suffered a casualty tonight (of course, Tom and Terry were by far my least favorite of them so I don't mind).

Go David/Mary, Erwin/Godwin, and Lyn/Karlyn! Get out soon Peter/Sarah and Rob/Kimberly! The rest I don't care about.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yeah, I was completely comfused why is Sarah doing all the rope stuff while Peter sits there making smug comments and encouragement. Both of them probably don't realize that just because it doesn't involve running, when climbing with the Petzl ascenders they are using, it is much more efficient to have use of both legs rather than one. And it's also faster if they had 2 ascenders (left and right) versus the one they had but perhaps it's too much coordination to expect of these guys.

I'm surprised how most teams had no idea how to row a boat with oars.... I was really waiting for one of the teams to capsize doing the pearl challenge too!

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks