What's new

Blu-ray Review The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad/Fun and Fancy Free Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Wow...I just saw RELUCTANT DRAGON on netflix streaming in HD, my GOD does that look good! Now I want to order the set but I may wait to see if the price drops from its current high of $33.

It's really gorgeous!

DanH1972

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
Will Krupp said:
Wow...I just saw RELUCTANT DRAGON on netflix streaming in HD, my GOD does that look good! Now I want to order the set but I may wait to see if the price drops from its current high of $33.

It's really gorgeous!
It was at Best Buy for 22.99. However, now that it's Sunday it may have jumped back up.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Great review that I agree with 100%. This is the first Disney Blu that I have purchased in a long time. It is fantastic in that all three features look great with out the Disney scrub. Hope this will be the norm for the future.

warnerbro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Darrell
DanH1972 said:
Are all three films uncut and uncensored?
It seems that they are all uncut -- except Disney is up to their style of smearing everything clean of any grain and original texture. It is especially evident in the color sequences of FUN AND FANCY FREE. The scenes with Edgar Bergen have that smooth waxy look. However, THE RELUCTANT DRAGON has a surprising grain structure -- especially in the black and white sequences. Getting all three of these films together at a very reasonable price is a nice surprise! Keep up the good work, Disney, and let's continue this with maybe -- POLLYANNA -- my favorite, as well as BLACKBEARD'S GHOST.

DanH1972

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan
warnerbro said:
It seems that they are all uncut -- except Disney is up to their style of smearing everything clean of any grain and original texture. It is especially evident in the color sequences of FUN AND FANCY FREE. The scenes with Edgar Bergen have that smooth waxy look. However, THE RELUCTANT DRAGON has a surprising grain structure -- especially in the black and white sequences. Getting all three of these films together at a very reasonable price is a nice surprise! Keep up the good work, Disney, and let's continue this with maybe -- POLLYANNA -- my favorite, as well as BLACKBEARD'S GHOST.
More than likely Ichabod and Mr. Toad is from an older transfer. The Reluctant Dragon is probably from a fresher restoration. Maybe sourced from 4k.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Randy Korstick said:
The previous DVD releases for all 3 of these were uncut so I would image the Blu-Rays are as well. These are not the films that were previously edited. Those are Fantasia, Melody Time and Saludos Amigos.
You forgot Make Mine Music, where the entire The Martins and the Coys segment was deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks