What's new

The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. ? (1 Viewer)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Gord, keep up the good work banging tha drum on these releases out of E-Town! And thanks for all the work your doing on Kids In The Hall!
I love it when these Hollywood types ask me where I'm from. Expecting a big US city, the silence cracks me up when I say, "Edmonton, Alberta.....Canada."

Kids in the Hall should be shipping soon! I can't wait.

Gord

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
"Do you have a sidekick?"

"Yeah, he's in Memphis. Tennessee. Home of Elvis, bay-bee!"

:laugh: We're fortunate to be living in an age where the Internet lets us pursue this stuff from whereever we happen to be! :wink:

PaulBigelow

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

I watched Brisco from the start. I guess this show was too much fun to have on TV. Oddly enough, I thought the pairing of Brisco followed by the X-Files was perfect. Somewhow these shows complimented each other.

Would buy the box set in a flash.

Since Bruce Campbell is in Spiderman II, there's the perfect marketing opportunity!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, that's only a cameo. A better cross-marketing opportunity will be when Bruce gets nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of Elvis in Bubba Ho-tep.

(One can dream)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Not to try and hijack this thread, but while we're on the Bruce Campbell topic, how many would buy a Raimi/Campbell box set of all their early Super-8 college films and shorts?

I would love to see some of their stuff like "It's Murder" and "The Happy Valley Kid"

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Has there been any news on either BRISCO COUNTY JR. or JACK OF ALL TRADES?

And I think Matt has a great idea, I would love to buy a compilation of old Raimi/Campbell student films.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Not to try and hijack this thread, but while we're on the Bruce Campbell topic, how many would buy a Raimi/Campbell box set of all their early Super-8 college films and shorts?

I would love to see some of their stuff like "It's Murder" and "The Happy Valley Kid"
I certainly would! I'm a huge fan of the entire "Detroit Mafia" (Bruce Campbell, Sam and Ted Raimi, Rob Tapert, Josh Becker, Scott Spiegel, Joseph LoDuca). I have some extremely rough (read: barely viewable) versions of a few of the legendary early works:

The Book Of The Dead
Cleveland Smith
Within The Woods
The XYZ Murders
6 Months To Live
The Blind Waiter
Radio Commercial
Attack Of The Helping Hand
Torro, Torro, Torro!

I would LOVE to have good quality versions, but, as far as I know, not even the guys themselves are aware of any footage which has survived in releasable quality. (Heck, I'd settle for almost any quality and pay almost any price if they'd throw in some whole-gang commentary!)

Even more off-topic: I would also love to see a legitimate, uncut domestic DVD release of Scott Spiegel's "Intruder" (aka "Night Crew" and "Night Crew: The Final Checkout"). I have an uncut non-domestic VHS, but I'm afraid to even try to transfer it to DVD.

The delightful bonus on this one, at least to me as a HUGE fan of La Femme Nikita, is seeing Eugene Robert Glazer, aka Operations, in this very early role. Priceless! Not to mention Renee Estevez, Alvy Moore, and Tom Lester (the latter two both "Green Acres" alums). A criminally under-appreciate slasher-genre gem, IMO.

Sorry for the thread drift. To get back on-topic...no, I haven't heard anything new about Brisco or JOAT on DVD, but I will forever maintain hope!

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Count me in for a Brisco County Jr and a Jack of All Trades DVD release. Both shows were great and superior to the series they were paired with.

OdisN

Auditioning
Man, I was really hoping for some positive news on a possible release for Brisco from the Warner chat the other night.

Oh well...

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I'd buy this in a heartbeat, I love this show, and it deserved to last longer. I'd buy a DVD release in a heartbeat :emoji_thumbsup:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I was hoping for news on this as well. Looks like this is going to be the only complete series that I taped on VHS that I ewll actually have to copy to DVD to archive. My 2 other faves (Homicide and Twin Peaks) are coming out.

I'd rather buy a nice set of Brisco, I wish Warners would save me the trouble.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I've never seen Brisco but I like Bruce Campbell his other show Jack of All Trades was pretty cool. I'm wondering why it isn't out yet? I mean Warner's got to know it's got a fanbase, it's number 3 on the most wanted dvd list at tvshowsondvd.com. I don't know why Warner isn't releasing it. Too bad Bruce isn't a bigger movie star or had a new tv show coming out. That might get the ball rolling.

Keep mentioning it in those phone calls though Gord they hasve got to crack sometime.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
It's over ten years old, only ran for one season (a long season, 26 episodes plus two-hour pilot), and there's not an obvious other project to piggy-back it on. On top of that, it's weird - a funny western action-adventure western with sci-fi elements. If you're Warner, do you use resources on this strange niche show, or something that's either a a franchise entry or a new release?

Not that I agree with this, mind you, but I see the logic.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if it would be better for them to break it into 2 volumes, since there are so many episodes. A 27 episode set could be what's holding them back.

Anyone know what the music was like on the show? Should be nice and easy, since it's set awhile ago.

Gord

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Music shouldn't be an issue; it was all score as opposed to songs. The only possible issue I can imagine is that NBC Sports was using the theme throughout much of the nineties; I've heard that they "bought" it, although that may just have been people using incorrect terms (kind of like how "syndication" is often used to mean "third-run").

Rick P

Supporting Actor
Gord...

I think people might be put off by making it 2 sets (and actually I think you might have to call it 28 episodes, 2 hour pilot). Remember 'Son of the Beach'

Music shouldn't be an issue, all of Dixie's performances are either original songs or 'period' pieces...

oh yeah.. speaking of SOTB....

WHERE'S MY JOHNSON?
and WHERE'S MY BUSH!

:)

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
I see that Amazon.com has Brisco County Jr. DVD listed but shown as not released as of yet, but you can ask them to email you on the announcement of it's release...maybe a chance now??
G2

MichaelScott

Stunt Coordinator
Just a little suggestion, if anyone wants Brisco County Jr. released on DVD go to Amazon and click on that email notification. Couldn't hurt. Between it being rated high on the wanted list on TVShowsOnDVD and Amazon maybe they'll get the hint. I've noticed within the last few months a lot of short run series being announced or released so there is hope. ex: Kolchak, Buffalo Bill, Ned & Stacey, Nowhere Man, etc..

Also Jack of all Trades is listed on amazon as well.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Warner Bros is VERY aware that fans want the show on DVD because I keep reminding them.

"Oh... want to know what's #3 on the site? BRISCO!"

"Soooo... are you working on Brisco yet?"

"Did you know Bruce Campbell's book was #19 on the NY Times Best Seller list..... he's the star of Brisco!"

"Hey, Anchor Bay has released the Evil Dead movies about 20 times. Did you know Bruce Campbell is in those and Brisco?"

Gord :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks