The Addams Family on DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jack Platt, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Jack Platt

Jack Platt Stunt Coordinator

Guys,

When can we expect this on DVD in the United States? Is it true that their was a U.K DVD produced? Who owns the home video rights to this series? Please post any updates. Thanks!

Jack

2. Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly Stunt Coordinator

JOE
    I just read some updated DVD news on the Unofficial Addams Family website at www.addamsfamily.com that the Addams Family TV show has been planned for an October DVD release. Maybe even on Halloween October 31st, which is a Tuesday this year.

3. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    The Addams Family website updated their DVD info this week with the following:

The OFFICIAL DVD release is scheduled for October 24th.

Just in time for Halloween, October 31st is a Tuesday, the day when DVDs get released.

The official worldwide release date is scheduled for October 24th. Metro Goldwyn Mayer producing the DVD set and 20th Century Fox is the distributor. Fox is also the producer of the "Special Features" DVD which will be included in the collection. The content of the "Special Features" disc has not been revealed I expect that it may contain some of the material previously released on the Criterion LaserDisc. That included cast interviews, and behind the scenes footage. I doubt that there will be anything from the animated series or the movies. There may be something of the "New Addams Family" which Fox produced for the then Fox Family Channel, which is now owned by Disney/ABC.

The October 24th date is the projected date of release, it may change due to unforeseen circumstances. Grandmama may be able to see into the future, but I can't.

Sounds like it's going to be really cool! I can't wait!

4. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Cool. Been waiting for this one a long time. I'll get the [​IMG] going when I see it at TSoD.

5. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

Maybe I'm thick but 2 different release dates?

"The OFFICIAL DVD release is scheduled for October 24th.

Just in time for Halloween, October 31st is a Tuesday, the day when DVDs get released."

6. Pavan_P

Pavan_P Second Unit

Interesting, so I guess Sony won't be doing it now. They had trailers and everything before for it. I guess with MGM stuff going to Fox, that this was included, too.

7. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
    www.addamsfamily.com updated their info about the DVD with the following info:

"The Addams Family TV Series will be released in 3 volumes.
    The first volume will contain 20-22 episodes and a bonus disc.
    Look for Volume 1 to be release Tuesday, October 24th."

I suppose it's good that they are doing volumes as that will allow for more space on the discs so that the episodes won't have to be compressed as much.