What's new

The Abyss Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
Sheesh, it's not like Cameron has a huge body of work out there or anything. The guy could take 2 months out of his schedule, sit down, and supervise state-of-the-art remasters for all of his what-5 or 6 films?....and then go back to whatever project he's not working on next.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yeah, and how much director involvement is need to not even change the transfer, just present it anamorphically. Oh well, if they don't even do that for Titanic, Abyss is not even worth asking about.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member

To be fair, after reading the Wired article on him, Cameron is far more interested and devoted to deep sea exploration than working on films.

Bruce

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I just picked this disc up tonight at CC and the box reads 5.1, but I have the same problem as the original poster. CC didn't have the 2-disc in stock either. Does anyone know of a way I can contact Fox and see if they might exchange the disc for the 5.1 version?

Thanks,
George

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
George: Especially what with Bill Hunt's word earlier this week of yet another "postponement" (they were never really scheduled) of possible anamorphic re-release of Abyss (and True Lies), I suggest you basically leave Fox out of it, return what you bought to CC and buy the Digipak re-release of the 2-disc set from Amazon.

-p

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
perhaps FOX would be kind enough to let us who already have the 2 disc SE-trade disc 1 in for a nominal fee *IF* they release an Anamorphic edition-aw, Im dreaming...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks