What's new

The A-Team: Season 1, Does It Still Hold Up? (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I really enjoyed The A-Team when I was growing up and I've been tempted to get the season 1 set but was wondering since season 2 will be coming this year whether the series is still as good as I remembered it?

So since it looks like they will eventually release all the seasons I'll be picking up the first set soon and was wondering what to expect from the set and the series in general.

Thanks.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
I loved it so I'm sold! I was able to watch most of it when it was televised on NBC. So of course it held up for me. One of the few. Great sound. Good picture. Not one extra but well worth it. The humor and action helps considerably.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Is the series still good? Well, I dont think it was all that good in the first place. That being said, I *LOVE* the series, even now. The plots are predictable (The A Team rolls into town, gets it's ass handed to them by the bad guys, gets locked in a garage, cue the montage, and the show wraps up with the Team's DeathWagon rolling all the bad guy's cars) and the acting is over-the-top. . . but the show is fun.

It's got great chemestry, the action is pretty intense (for an 80's show, at least), and Mr T is always cool. Sure it's pretty braindead, but it's a a good, comic book kind of braindead.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
All those bullets from machine guns....no one gets killed. Amazing.

I love it when a plan comes together. :D

MarkDukes

Stunt Coordinator
This show has aged in a good way! It is still very humorous, and the action is great. It's good clean fun when TV used to be that way...shows like this and THE DUKES OF HAZZARD are what I grew up on...and they just don't make shows like THE A-TEAM anymore. I highly suggest it...I was able to re-enjoy it on DVD since it has been quite a while since I had watched any reruns.

By the way, the packaging is absolutely fantastic....

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Hi from a new site member. I bought the A TEAM Season 1 pack a couple of months ago. Although I didn't see any (amazing, huh?
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
) of the A TEAM when it originally aired in the 80's, I knew what type of series it was back then. My Dad used to watch it after he retired and I remember laughing at him and telling him that it was a rediculous series :rolleyes:. How's this for "irony": I bought it completely on a gamble as sort of a rememberance of Dad, and....I absolutely LOVED Season 1! I agree with the posts about this one. It's a "can't miss" if you're looking for a pure-fun show with the "good guys" winning. As Mark said, they don't make 'em like this anymore :frowning: . Thanks, Todd S, for the classic quote from the series to end your post :b :b

You guys probably already know about Gord's TVshowsonDVD site but just in case, check it out. Besides being an awesome TV/DVD fan's site, Dave L's talent for his news post titles is super-:cool: . Look up his news post for A TEAM Season 2 info :laugh:

Gord, if you read this, I remember your "childhood" story about not getting to watch the A TEAM :laugh:

- Jeff W in Dallas (the real Dallas, not "Southfork" :b ) I love that series as well:p)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Yeah the show holds up very well. If you liked it back then you will pretty much still like it today. I had a blast watching it again when i got the set last year. Just skip the final year season 5 that was never any good.

heh that seems to be the consensus of most people. But actually a couple people do indeed die in season 1.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Heck, even my wife was watching it along with me. Ok, yeah, it's kinda a cheesy show, with predictable plots, but I was real surprised at how well it still came off still. No question that I'm picking up season 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks