What's new

The A-Team (2010) (1 Viewer)

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I'm worried about the non-actor among them. Among all the black actors available today, they couldn't find one who could play BA Baracus? Instead they reach out to UFC. WTF!!!!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jose Martinez

I'm worried about the non-actor among them. Among all the black actors available today, they couldn't find one who could play BA Baracus? Instead they reach out to UFC. WTF!!!!
Mr. T was a body guard when Stallone cast him for Rocky III. Let's face it, B.A. Baracus isn't the most sophisticated role. The physicality is far more important. If they'd cast a skinny, tremendously talented black actor for B.A. Baracus, he'd still likely be far less effective than Ramage Jackson will be. E.T. or Access Hollywood had video from the set, and Jackson's positively nailed Mr. T's voice for the role.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Movie Trailer is Out

And a fantastic job it is, too. Changes just enough so you're not positive at first its the A*Team, and only teases the classic theme.

The performances I'm less certain about. Liam Neeson seems to go in and out of his American growl for Hannibal. Faceman looks too unkempt. The new B.A. does spit his words out the way Mr. T did. It's harder to get a read on Murdock; either Sharlto Copley's going with a very over-the-top Southern accent for him, or the scenes highlighted in the trailer only captured one of Murdock's many over-the-top personas.

(I love the comments on ComingSoon.net blasting it for how riddiculous it all looks. Of course it's riddiculous. It's the A*Team... it's supposed to be riddiculous. Joe Carnahan, a b-movie action director, was the perfect choice for this.)

mylan

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt /forum/thread/288883/the-a-team-2010#post_3646979

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I believe that the A-Team will actually kill people in this, or so I've heard.

Looks like a whole lot of fun from the trailer. Can't wait.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
After watching Sharlto Copley in District 9, and actually wanting Bradley Cooper to stop playing jacka$$es onscreen (though an argument can be made for Faceman to have some of that in him), and of course my high respect for Liam Neeson, I sure do hope this movie is good. Liked the show, and now I have the theme song stuck in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks