The 5th & Final season of Hazel will finally be coming out on 1/14/2014

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by rmw650, Oct 3, 2013.

1. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
  2. Mr. Handley

Mr. Handley Supporting Actor

Paul
    This is terrific news! I've just gotten into this series and am currently on Season 2. I've heard that the final season was pretty awful, but the completist in me is glad it's being released and I'm sure I'll pick it up, if nothing else, just to see if it's as bad as people claim.

3. Kasey

Kasey Second Unit

Kasey
    So thrilled that this one is finally going to be complete. Yes, it's not the same as when George and Dorothy were there, but I'll take Shirley Booth in anything; and a teenage Ann Jillian appears frequently this last season. Besides, this version of the HAZEL theme rocks!

4. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    Funny how their description of the season still makes it sound like Hazel is working for the George Baxters.

How has the video quality been on the Shout sets? I haven't picked them up yet.

5. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    The 5th season wasn't good at all, but at least Shout is finally coming through and competing the series for all the loyal fans out there, and now hoping 2014 will be the year Shout finishes up a lot of the FOX series as well.

6. Kasey

Kasey Second Unit

Kasey
    The Shout sets used video masters made in the '80s--not remastered from film elements, so they do not look as good as the other Screen Gems shows that Sony released like Gidget, Bewitched or Jeannie. Sometimes the colors are overly bright; other times they appear a little faded. However, many episodes do look really good. The best thing is that they kept all the original closing logos intact and all the various versions of the opening credits are still there also.

JoeDoakes and JohnMor like this.
  7. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    Thanks Kasey! Very cool to hear about the logos and credit sequences.

8. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
  9. Kasey

Kasey Second Unit

Kasey
    I am thrilled that Shout is completing HAZEL, but one complaint I have is that whoever designed all the cover art (even S1 from Sony) obviously is no fan of the show since they colorized Hazel's uniform pink on each and every release when she only ever wore blue (or the black one on formal occasions).

10. Carabimero

Carabimero Cinematographer
    Supporter

Alan
    I had bought seasons 1 through 3 exactly a year ago, watched a few early episodes, loved it, then got caught up in life. Thanks for creating this thread. I got out my season 1 set and picked up right where I left off. Tonight the color episode. Curious to see what that's about--buying a color TV? Watched this show when i was very young and hadn't seen it since until I got the DVDs. Glad to be back watching them again. Need to pick up season 4.

11. rmw650

rmw650 Screenwriter

Richard W
    But remember, Season 5, the last season, wasn't very good due to all the changes in cast and characters and such but overall, a pretty decent series.