What's new

The 4400 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Why not have the "4400 Case of the Week" as the A plot with the next few nuggets of the overall mythology as the B or even C plot. The pay off wasn't anywhere in the realm of Taken's utterly heartbreaking one, but it wasn't no slouch either. And "The 4400" doesn't have Dakota Fanning to anchor their mythology on, which already puts Taken at an advantage.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the time-travel plot reveal in the season finale, going forward I think it will be very difficult for them to develop that further without flawed logic and paradoxes.

Some "case of the week" episodes would be fine as long as they don't become formulaic and predictable. Don't make it where every week somebody discovers a power, turns evil, and uses the power to their own destruction (like the kryptonite freak of the week episodes from past seasons of Smallville). In fact I don't think there has to be a constant focus on "powers". As another poster mentioned I there is a lot of potential with showing how different people come to terms with the "lost time" and how much things have changed. I thought an interesting aspect of the black character's story arc was his amazement at just how much things have changed as far as civil rights and race relations since the 50's. More stuff like that could be interesting as long as they don't get too preachy.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The CW is rebooting "The 4400" with a direct-to-series order:

Like the original, the new version will focus on 4,400 overlooked, undervalued and marginalized people who disappeared over the past 100 years who are all returned in an instant, having not aged at all and with no idea what happened. They also discover they've been returned with upgrades, and likely for a specific purpose.​

Ariana Jackson ("Riverdale") executive produces with Anna Fricke ("Wayward Pines") and Laura Terry.

Even though the premise is the same, presumably the returnees will be mostly in their late teens and early twenties, and improbably attractive. I enjoyed the original a lot, even though it's dated now, but that show had the benefit of Ira Steven Behr behind the secenes. Jackson, Fricke, and Terry all come from Greg Berlanti's writing mill.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The CW is rebooting "The 4400" with a direct-to-series order:

Like the original, the new version will focus on 4,400 overlooked, undervalued and marginalized people who disappeared over the past 100 years who are all returned in an instant, having not aged at all and with no idea what happened. They also discover they've been returned with upgrades, and likely for a specific purpose.​

Ariana Jackson ("Riverdale") executive produces with Anna Fricke ("Wayward Pines") and Laura Terry.

Even though the premise is the same, presumably the returnees will be mostly in their late teens and early twenties, and improbably attractive. I enjoyed the original a lot, even though it's dated now, but that show had the benefit of Ira Steven Behr behind the secenes. Jackson, Fricke, and Terry all come from Greg Berlanti's writing mill.
Hmmm...

After all these years I still have this wish in the back of my head that they would revive, or at least properly conclude, the original series.

I’ll probably check this out because I liked the premise of the original show. I hope it will be a worthy reboot, but I share Adam’s concerns about it being “CW-ized”.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm...

After all these years I still have this wish in the back of my head that they would revive, or at least properly conclude, the original series.

I’ll probably check this out because I liked the premise of the original show. I hope it will be a worthy reboot, but I share Adam’s concerns about it being “CW-ized”.
Yes, that "too CW" is a fear, but I am willing to give it a try.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
4400_2021_S01_001.jpg

Synopsis:
Over the last century at least, four thousand four hundred people who were overlooked, undervalued, or otherwise marginalized vanished without a trace off the face of the planet. Last night, inexplicably, they were all returned in an instant to Detroit, MI, having not aged a day and with no memory of what happened to them. As the government races to understand the phenomenon, analyze the potential threat, and contain the story, an empathetic social worker (Joseph David-Jones, “Arrow”) and hardened community corrections officer (Ireon Roach, “Candyman”) are among the civil servants called upon to deal with the uncanny refugees. The new partners clash in ideology and approach, but gradually find they have more in common than they thought as they become familiar with those under their care, including: a lawyer and resilient young mother from the early aughts (Brittany Adebumola, “Grand Army”), whose unexpected reunion with her estranged husband (Cory Jeacoma, “Jersey Boys”) and suddenly teenaged daughter is immediately rocky; a WWI Army surgeon fresh from the Harlem Renaissance (TL Thompson, Broadway’s “Straight White Men”); an influential hidden figure from the Mississippi civil rights movement (Jaye Ladymore, “Empire”); a black sheep reverend-scion born to a notable televangelist family in 1990s Chicago (Derrick A. King, “Call Your Mother”); a seemingly shallow but misunderstood D-list reality TV star (newcomer Khailah Johnson) from Miami, circa 2015; and two wildly different unaccompanied teens, a vibrant girl (newcomer Autumn Best) whose bell bottoms give away her 1970s upbringing, and an introspective, prescient boy (Amarr Wooten, “Liv and Maddie”) whose origin remains a mystery. These unwilling time travelers, collectively the 4400, must grapple with their impossible new reality, the fact that they’ve been returned with a few…upgrades, and the increasing likelihood that they were brought back now for a reason they’re only beginning to understand. Based on the original TV series created by Scott Peters and Renee Echevarria, 4400 is from CBS Studios and is executive produced by Ariana Jackson, who wrote the pilot, Sunil Nayar, and Anna Fricke and Laura Terry of Pursued By a Bear.

First teasers for the reboot
"Claudette" (disappeared 1956):

"Reverend" (disappeared 1994):

"Shanice" (disappeared 2005):

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.