The 2013 American Idol #12 HTF RAF MEMORIAL TOP TEN CHALLENGE

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Yee-Ming, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    After two straight weeks in the bottom 3, indeed bottom 2 the first week, no surprise that Devin has now finished dead-last -- and out.

Here's our updated scores:-

Phil 04
    Nolan 06
    NYSandy 06
    Aaron 07
    Yee Ming 11
    Patrick 13
    MattCR 13

Sandy got it spot-on, well done! Patrick, however, got it waaaay off with Devin as his winner, and joins Matt in the race for "suckage". And Phil keeps up his lead, showing that this year, he does not suck...

It's early days yet, but considering that the first week's 'full' results as disclosed have been pretty accurate so far, with just Paul and Devin swapping places, taking the top 7 positions that first week as the actual final places, and placing the top 3, which they didn't particularise, at an average of second each, Sandy would win this. And Phil, you wouldn't win at suckage either, you'd be middle of the pack tied with me on 26. Bottom place comes in at 34. Let's see how close to the final results that first week turns out to be.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I'm toast. But I still think Devin can flat-out sing.

3. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Sorry for the delay folks, had some login issues. No real surprise with yet another dude going home, here's the latest results:-

Phil 08
    NYSandy 09
    NolanJ 10Aaron 11Yee Ming 11
    MattCR 15Patrick 17

Curiously, four participants placed Burnell at third, and therefore got hit for four for their troubles.

What I did find very surprising was Lazaro making top 3. Even assuming he placed third, there is no way he was better than Candice, Amber, or even Janelle. He clearly has a strong fanbase that doesn't really care how he actually sings/performs.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Definitely getting a female winner this year! :D

5. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    ^^ That we are indeed! No surprise that Lazaro was finally sent packing, his performance was abysmal.

Phil 10
    NYSandy 10
    NolanJ 11
    Aaron Silverman 12
    Yee Ming 15
    Patrick Sun 18
    MattCR19

Phil continues to suck very little, although Sandy has pulled level and Nolan and Aaron aren't far behind. But going forward, IMHO Phil is going to take big hits on his winner Janelle and placing Candice at #7 (when it looks like she'll make top 3 easily, probably top 2). Still all to 'play' for!

6. Phil Taylor

Phil Taylor Supporting Actor

Well - my DVR cut off before the "save" -- so probly belly up by now.... SUCKAGE!!!

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

It was 2-2 among the judges, so no save for Ms. Arthur.

8. NolanJ

NolanJ Second Unit

I think the only ones warranting a save were Candice, Angie and Amber.

9. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    I'd swap Kree for Amber, but that's what I figured: the save is still in effect just in case one of those three messed up for this week. Janelle was never going to get saved, no matter how well she did: she is clearly ranked after the four still left.

Our results:-

NY Sandy 12
    NolanJ 12
    Phil 14
    Yee Ming 15
    Aaron 17
    Patrick 19
    Matt 20

So Phil finally sucked enough to lose his lead, to Sandy and Nolan. I scored my third spot-on (yay me!), which puts me well in the lead on that, since no one else has two.

10. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Sorry for the delay folks, I was on vacation the past 2 weeks -- imagine my surprise the previous week when I Googled AI results to compile our challenge results, only to find nobody had been eliminated. No such luck for Amber this week as the cuts return.

Here goes:-

NYSandy 14
    Phil Taylor 14
    NolanJ 16
    Yee Ming 17
    Aaron Silverman 21
    MattCR 23
    Patrick Sun 25

Phil regains joint lead with his spot-on prediction for Amber. But he's going to take a big hit whenever Candice goes, since he's got her at #7. Sandy will get hit for at least 2 with Candice at #5, while Nolan has the same problem with Kree at #5, but their respective top 2s are still in the contest, whereas Phil's #1 is Janelle. Put another way, Phil has the remaining 3 at #2, #4 & #7, whereas Nolan and Sandy have them at #1, #2 and #5 (although not in the same order), meaning less points to be scored.

I'd therefore say it's now between Nolan and Sandy, depending on how the top 3 finally place; sorry Phil, but at least you clearly don't suck this year!

NYSandy likes this.
  11. NolanJ

NolanJ Second Unit

I have a very strong feeling Angie is going to win this. I just think she fits the "mold" of what voters want. I wouldn't be surprised to see Candice get voted off before Kree, even tho in my opinion she is a far superior talent.

12. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    There's a rumor that everyone from American Idol has been fired.The Judges that is. Ryan Seacrest is safe.

13. NolanJ

NolanJ Second Unit

Wow! What a shocking elimination!

14. Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H Supporting Actor

It's not just them, the main guy in charge of AI is gone too. On GMA this morning they said there was going to be some BIG changes coming to show, including format changes and more. Essentially, it will be like a new show totally. As I said before, The Voice is much better all around and I don't even think AI is relevent any more. It has degraded so much over the years, especially since Simon left, it is time to do some house cleaning.

15. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    Surprise elim, many of us had Angie down to win it all. Results:-

Phil Taylor 15
    NY Sandy 16
    Nolan J 17
    Yee Ming 19
    Aaron Silverman 22
    MattCR 25
    Patrick Sun 26

The permutations going forward aren't so confusing now: Phil will score 9 more pts regardless who wins, Nolan will score either 3 or 5 (Candice / Kree), Sandy will score 4 regardless. So if Kree wins, Sandy will win this outright by a point, but if Candice wins, Nolan and Sandy will tie on 20 each, but Nolan wins on 'countback' since he would have correctly predicted Candice as the winner.

So Nolan and Sandy, you know who to root for!

(BTW, everyone please check that I've corrected toted up your scores so far. Some math error is inevitable...)

16. NYSandy

NYSandy Extra

Sandy
    As some of you may know, RAF used to be very lucky at contests....so I hope he's working his magic here :)

Good luck to us tonight!!

17. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    And so Candice wins it, as does Nolan:-

Nolan 20
    NY Sandy 20
    Phil Taylor 24
    Yee Ming 26
    Aaron Silverman 26
    Matt CR 34
    Patrick Sun 36

As noted in my post last week, Nolan and Sandy are tied on 20 pts, but Nolan correctly placed Candice as the winner and wins the tie-breaker. And not that anyone really cares, but my tie with Aaron was broken with my placing Candice at #2 while Aaron had her at #4. Oh, and Phil you don't suck this year, just 4 pts off the winner!

Many thanks to everyone who participated, it was fun while it lasted. How many of us will be back next season, though? If there's enough interest I'm happy to keep organizing.

18. NolanJ

NolanJ Second Unit

Thank you Yee-Ming for organizing the contest again this year. I will be back to play next year seeking to be a 3 time champion :)

19. NYSandy

NYSandy Extra

Sandy
    Congratulations Nolan!Thank you Yee-Ming for keeping this going.

20. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Thanks, Yee-Ming!

Is it just me, or were the results fairly close this year? I seem to recall being much farther off the lead in years past. :)