What's new

The 2011 American Idol #10 HTF TOP TEN CHALLENGE: All details here.... (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
OK, here are the reigning champeen's picks: 01. James
02. Pia
03. Jacob

04. Lauren
05. Paul
06. Scotty

07. Stefano

08. Haley

09. Casey

10. Thia
11. Naima

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
15 entries at close of business! Thanks for entering, folks! And now the 'games' begin!

(Sorry for the late update, we flew out last night so it's been a bit crazy. Can finally sit down at my laptop and update everybody.)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Naima and Thia out; both scored at 10.5, and here are the results:-

Yee Ming 4.0

RAF 9.0

NYSandy 5.5

Carl Miller 6.0

Elizabeth S 5.0

TonyD 7.0

Phil Taylor 3.5

NolanJ 3.0

Patrick Sun 6.0

Dheiner 8.0

Jeffrey_H 4.0

Russel G 4.0

pitchman 3.5

Bryan X 5.0

Aaron Silverman 1.5

LucyS 0.5

It's early days yet, but our defending champion sets an early blistering pace with the lowest possible score! She correctly predicted Naima & Thia being the bottom 2 of our Final 11, for a best-possible score of just 0.5! Hubby Aaron is no slouch either, in second place at 1.5.

In other news, our all-time champion Dheiner is, after only 1 week, just one point from hitting his all-time low-score of 9...

(BTW, if I've made any errors in calculating anyone's score, my apologies, and please let me know by PM so I can correct it.)

Edit: Quite right Phil, sorry Liz!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Ditto on the thanks!

Lucy was all upset because when they made the announcement she must not've been looking at the TV and thought they'd eliminated Pia. A few minutes later all was well. :)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Dheiner and myself are just playin' with all of you by starting off with such a high score. Besides, I have to defend my string of mediocre performances. My list already is beginning to look like Swiss Cheese!

What did Yogi say? "It ain't over till it's over!"

I'm a little disappointed that Greg S. didn't submit a list. He's a friend of mine and this is the third or fourth time that he's indicated interest without submitting a list. C'est la vie.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

Ditto on the thanks!

Lucy was all upset because when they made the announcement she must not've been looking at the TV and thought they'd eliminated Pia. A few minutes later all was well. :)

So - I'm guessing she's all upset today for real??

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

Not as upset as I am!

She should be more upset contest-wise ... last night cost her 6 more points than you ... but I can sympathize - hated to see her go so early too. It still boggles my cranium that Stephano is still there.... At least Haley was looking extra-delicious last night ... Pia who?

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Sorry folks, still away on vacation so the timings are completely messed up in my head! But I'm home in a few days so next week onwards I should be able to get results out Friday night my time/Friday morning EDT.

Shocker of a result, and as already observed everybody got hit pretty bad (a whopping 11 of us had Pia in the top 3 -- two at #1!), and save for Dheiner everyone had her in their top 5, so he gets a week-best result of just 1 pt, bringing his total to "the Dheiner-line" of 9.0...

Yee Ming 10.0

RAF 16.0

NYSandy 10.5

Carl Miller 14.0

Elizabeth S 12.0

TonyD 13.0

Phil Taylor 9.5

NolanJ 7.0

Patrick Sun 12.0

Dheiner 9.0

Jeffrey_H 8.0

Russel G 12.0

pitchman 10.5

Bryan X 12.0

Aaron Silverman 6.5

LucyS 7.5

With the upset, Aaron takes over as the new leader on 6.5, with NolanJ just half a pt behind, and the former leader LucyS a further half pt off.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Not a great surprise (from an overall point of view) that Paul left, with most having Paul placed fairly low in their rankings -- the highest placing Paul had in anyone's predictions was #3. Indeed, 3 had Paul at exactly #8, including our leader Aaron, who therefore maintains his score of just 6.5 while most of us add a point or two.

Yee Ming 11.0

RAF 17.0

NYSandy 15.5

Carl Miller 16.0

Elizabeth S 12.0

TonyD 14.0

Phil Taylor 10.5

NolanJ 8.0

Patrick Sun 13.0

Dheiner 9.0

Jeffrey_H 9.0

Russel G 14.0

pitchman 10.5

Bryan X 14.0

Aaron Silverman [COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]6.5[/COLOR]

LucyS 10.5

Dheiner's initial poor start was a fake-out, with Paul as his (missing) #11 he scored no further points and slips into joint third with Jeffrey_H, behind Aaron and NolanJ. But it's still early days yet, and the ticking time bombs waiting to shower lots of points are Haley and Stefano, whom most of us pegged as being early dropouts: personally I needed Stefano to go this week and Paul next, which would have limited the damage to me since I predicted Stefano at #10 and Paul at #7 (ie. next week!), but fortunately for me Haley is my missing #11 so I can afford for her to go on at no cost; Dheiner, though has them at #9 and #10 -- worst possible scenario with both still surviving, especially also since many of the rest of us have omitted either one of them as #11.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
As with last week, no real surprise: indeed a majority of predictions had Stefano in the bottom 2 -- but this made a BIG difference in scoring, in that those who placed him at #11 score nothing this week, while those of us (including me) who placed him at #10 get hit for 3. LucyS uniquely scores 0 for correctly placing him at #7 -- well done!

Yee Ming 14.0

RAF 17.0

NYSandy 20.5

Carl Miller 19.0

Elizabeth S 15.0

TonyD 14.0

Phil Taylor 13.5

NolanJ 8.0

Patrick Sun 16.0

Dheiner 12.0

Jeffrey_H 9.0

Russel G 14.0

pitchman 12.5

Bryan X 14.0

Aaron Silverman 9.5

LucyS 10.5

With Aaron having placed Stefano at #10 and scoring 3, we now have a new leader: NolanJ, who placed Stefano at #11 and therefore scored nothing this week.

NolanJ

Second Unit
Yay! This might be the only lead I have for the rest of the season, so I'm going to do a happy dance now!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks