What's new

The 2009 American Idol (#8) HTF TOP 10 CHALLENGE: Congratulations winner Larry*P !! (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Yes, but I thought the same thing regarding Melinda Doolittle on a previous season and look what happened to her. Take nothing for granted, John (especially since not everything may be as it seems on American Idol.)

But it still makes for some entertaining TV that people talk about and a pretty interesting Top Ten Challenge.

;)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
04/15/09: Back to the drawing board. No changes this week and next week we will have two people finishing in 6.5th place (unless there is a clear 7th place and a clear 6th place finish -- which I doubt.).

Stay of execution and stay tuned.....

;)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Just a possible idea for next year assuming the Judges' Save is still in effect--maybe if you get the would-be eliminated contestant's position exact the week the save is used (i.e. if someone had Matt in 7th), one point could be subtracted from your score. If you didn't have the exact position, no effect on your score either way.

FWIW I had Matt in 6th place so it wouldn't have helped me this year anyway :P

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

Dunno how long that will last: you're likely to get murdered on the placings of Allison (your #10) and Adam (your #9). Assuming Adam wins (I now think he's the clear favourite), Danny places second and Allison third (these being considered the likely top 3 now), you take a hit of 7, 8 and 1 on these 3...

Phil-W has Danny and Adam in the top 4, no Allison at all and he's already taken his lumps for choosing Alexis as the winner.

Suzanne has Adam and Danny as top 2, and the only thing I see racking up big points on her list is if Lil and Matt survive much longer; if they go next week, being this week's bottom 2 already, that's just 5 pts for both, with the remaining 5 contestants all in her top 7 and therefore not too far off.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Let's see if the Judges' Save survives for next year's AI9 first. I think it's probably going to be dropped since it hasn't really added anything to the show.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
No real surprises tonight although one of the two contestants voted off was a high pick on many member lists.

SuzanneB continues to lead with an impressive score of 15.0. She's also the only entrant with all five "finalists" still alive on her list.

Larry*P is currently in fifth place but since positions 2, 3 and 4 are held by members ineligible for prizes, he's in virtual second place with 19.5 points. And it's closer than one might think because SuzanneB has to lose at least 6 points with Allison and Matt while Larry*P has to lose only at least 1 point with Matt.

It all comes down to the actual placement of the final five as the contest winds down. A few other members have an outside chance as well if the votes fall into place perfectly. The winner is still up in the air at this point so stay tuned....

Check it all out in the first message in this thread.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor

Yep - me too ... anybody got a fork they could stick in me 'cause I'm done. :laugh:

I fell victim to Lil's incessant mediocrity.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

Yea she really went downhill pretty quick. I also wasn't prepared for how much people would like Adam, I thought he would be too much theater/Broadway for everyone, but they're eating it up.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Me too. Adam and Allison were my favorites from the beginning, but I just didn't see them appealing to the average tween voter as much as they do to me.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
No big surprises (unless Adam being in the "bottom 3" qualifies in a five person race) here but an interesting contest down to the finish. SuzanneB continues to lead with a score of 18.0 but Larry*P is a very close second at 20.5 (NYSandy at 19.0 is ineligible for the prize package). And it's actually closer than that because Larry*P will pick up a 2 points advantage over SuzanneB because of where they both picked Allison to finish.

As with each season, it's all going to come down to the final positions of your remaining selections. If you still have open spaces below position #4 you must add to your point total. I'll leave it to each of you to figure out your "best" total to see if you can catch SuzanneB and Larry*P. Remember to consider those on the list who are ineligible for prizes (indicated in Brown). With three weeks to go it's too early to declare a winner....

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Aaron,

Are we sure that Adam was in the bottom two? I know that he was announced as being in the "bottom 3" but when they sent Kris back to the "winners'" side did Ryan actually state that Matt and Adam were the "bottom two?" I can't check this because I've erased the event from my DVR.

If not, then the producers were taking advantage of the fact that Adam was in the bottom three for dramatic effect. American Idol is filled with misdirection such as this to imply that things are not what they are. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Adam was third this past week. Allison is going to inherit all the votes of those who want a female to win, and Danny probably has his church group (or whatever) contingent actively promoting him. While it certainly looks like Adam is poised to become the next AI, I'm not surprised at all with his position this week. In fact I have him as third on my list.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
A friend has told me that he doesn't remember any mention of a "bottom two" regarding Adam and Matt during the results show. To me it's typical American Idol creative programming to keep the drama going. Adam as the 3rd highest vote getter this week doesn't shock me at all.

On another matter, we have finally settled on the DVD PRIZE PACKAGE for the eventual eligible winner as follows:

First up is the Ron Howard Spotlight Collection on DVD. This 8 disc set features four of his films (Backdraft, Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind and Cinderella Man) as well as a ton of extras. Here's a description of the set from Amazon.com:

In addition we are going to include two Blu-ray titles: Tommy Boy and Old School. Once again I think that Adam G. (moderator) has come up with an eclectic selection of titles for our winner.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
NYSandy takes over the lead at 20.0 points but it's only temporary since she has Kris hanging out there at the #9 position and must add at least 6 points to her total, among other things. Besides, she is ineligible for the DVD prize package so the real race is between SuzanneB at 21.0 points and Larry*P at 21.5 points. It all hinges on next week's action and, apparently, where Kris finishes. Unless I've miscalculated, all other eligible entrants can't catch Suzanne and Larry.

Stay tuned....

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
NYSandy (my significant other) is not eligible for prizes. Besides, her pick of Kris for ninth eliminates her because she has at least 6 "uncounted" points to add to her total.

Therefore it appears to be between SuzanneB and Larry*P at this point.

Good luck to all concerned.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The race comes down to the wire! NYSandy continues to lead with 21.0 points but that's misleading because her score will go up dramatically wherever Kris finishes so she's out of contention. The real race is between SuzanneB at 22.0 points and Larry*P at 22.5 points.

Simply put, if Adam wins then SuzanneB will win the pool with 23.0 points to Larry*P's 24.5 and if Kris wins then Larry*P will win the pool with 23.5 points to SuzanneB's 25.0 points. In any event, Phil Taylor will finish in third place.

Ironically, Danny's exit tonight actually prolonged our pool. Had Kris exited tonight then SuzanneB would have secured the victory and if Adam had left in third place then Larry*P would have wrapped things up. As it now stands we have to wait until next week's finals to see who takes home the DVD prize package.

Good luck to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks