What's new

The 2008 American Idol (#7) HTF Top Ten Challenge: *** John Swarce wins! *** (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

you can sticky any thread you want.
go into thread tools at the top of the thread and the drop menu will have a sticky option.

i think i lost 2 yesterday myself. oh well.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Heh. Count me as being slightly surprised, but certainly relieved, that I got all 10 of my picks in the top 12. Now I need Chikezie and Amanda to be the first two going home to keep it up...

BTW, I'd also concur that there was no evidence as to who was dead last etc. I do wonder if having a final two of Danny and Chikezie was an indication Chikezie finished 3rd from bottom amongst the guys, which might work out for me in the next two weeks.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

While your logic seems reasonable I don't think that it was ever mentioned that Chikezie was in the "bottom three" males during this week's elimination show. As you know, the AI producers like to "play" the audience a bit for maximum effect. For all we know, the first "safe" male (or female) for that matter, might have been in the bottom three of their respective categories. Once the results are in, the producers can script Seacrest's elimination mantra any way they want. (Just think of the way that "votes" are pulled from the container on Survivor during the weekly elimination ceremonies. Clearly someone on the staff arranges them for maximum dramatic effect. The law of averages precludes the possibility of every drawing resulting in the order of names called being so dramatic. ;) )

As we progress into the single-elimination weeks this does normally change a bit. It's fairly standard procedure for the "bottom three" to be identified as such to build the drama and in that case (where they specifically state this) we are dealing with specifics. But that still doesn't mean that this will be the procedure used each and every week.

Stay tuned....

John Swarce

Second Unit

This show always has surprise vote-offs (Jennifer Hudson, anyone?), so any of us can win this.

I need Amanda and Jason to be knocked off in the next two weeks, so we will see what happens!

--John

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Looking at the polling results in the other thread, Jason is going to prove a problem for both of us, as he's polling a distant second behind the runaway favourite Archuleta -- you need him out in the next two weeks, I need him out in three weeks (roughly) after that as I've got him 9th. Which is waaaay off from the second place his poll numbers have him at.

Then again, with such a runaway favourite, the margins betwee the rest aren't really that big either. E.g. if Jason has a really bad two weeks, he could easily drop to the bottom.

John Swarce

Second Unit
Well, color me surprised! Leading with 3 points? Trust me, folks, I never win anything, so don't think that I am very smug with these results.

I think I made two mistakes with my list. I didn't think Amanda had the staying power, but maybe people are voting for her as they did with Sanjaya last year. And I misread the popularity of Jason. I thought he couldn't siphon any votes away from David A., but it appears he has his own fan base. These two will throw a monkey wrench in my list, and my place in the standings, I am sure.

BTW, more Lennon/McCartney next week? Do you think David A. is listening to as many Beatles albums as he can this week and writing down ALL the lyrics? :D

--John

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Yeah I actually made my list based on how I thought people would vote. I kept Luke in there because people seemed to love him. Michael made my list because Paula dotes on him like crazy. I even gave David H a place because people seemed to think he was great.

Sort of wish I had gone with my first list and kept those I thought really would make it through. Oh well... that's how the cookie crumbles. I love watching this thread to see how we all are doing.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Remember, Lucia, that this contest has many twists and the early leaders can easily be caught because of the structure of the scoring. As Yogi Berra used to say, "It ain't over 'til it's over!"

:D

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yea, I am in 2nd place right now, but I picked Kristy to win. So when she is voted off this week :frowning: I will no longer even be close.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Actually, Amanda leaving only impacted three of us so the leader board remains basically the same. Now we have reached the actual "Top Ten" stage where it starts to get interesting. A couple of people still have 9 of their 10 choices "alive" but even if someone has 4 spots gone there is that great equalizer that 4 out of 10 weeks they are guaranteed not picking up any points. Like I've said, this is a most interesting contest and one where the position of your picks makes all the difference in the world.

Game on!

;)

(Scores now updated in message #1 of this thread)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

Me! But because I got David H so badly wrong (cost me 8 pts), I'm not quite up there on the leaderboard. Having said that, if Kristy finishing second-last 3 weeks running is any indication, she's the next one gone and I'll score zero again ;)

And oddly, not having selected Chikezie at all, ideally now I need him to finish 4th to fill the gap left by David H, as my best-case scenario and not cost me additional points.

Most interesting, this. Adds spice to watching AI, eh?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I need Chikezie and Jason to go...ASAP! When is the voting public going to wise up on Jason, he's so mediocre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks