What's new

Directors The 00's so far- the Draft (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Okay, sorry I'm late, but we've been getting pounded with some heavy thunderstorms (some tornadic, which sucks, as tornadoes are my greatest fear), and we still are, but the power was off earlier, and I'm here now.

We will continue with only seven players, and we'll either have one three way match, or have one person advance automatically like in the SciFi draft. I haven't decided yet. That means I'm up, and my next pick is my second favorite film of all time, MULHOLLAND DR.

Angelo is next, followed by Vickie and Brian.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Yep, but he typed DANCER first. Check out the rest of the thread. As I said, my rules are final, and I don't go back on them because of past experiences.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that he changed his vote (within a minute) to one of your favorites, right?

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
It's a game fellas. Justin, why not be cool and give Bill Mulholland Drive. Rules are meant to be broken, right?

It's not like we're electing a President here. Oh, bad example... :D

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Look, I get the posts via e-mail. I get e-mail notifications of ALL tourneys, Drafts, Movie threads, everything (that's not to say I read them all, there aren't enough hours in the day).

If I visit the HTF site and I see a thread I'm interested in, I click the "Subscribe to this thread" link at the top of the front page of the thread. I do it that way because if my ISP goes down I can still follow threads because they're in my mailbox and I don't have to get online. It's easy to overwhelm your mailbox, but I try to separate the Drafts and tourneys that I'm directly involved in by filtering them into folders (that open automatically when there's a new post) and by color-coding them.

What I'm getting at is that I receive the posts from this very thread in my e-mail box. The way the hosts have set it up, I ONLY get original posts. I NEVER get edits. That's why in my tourney (Characters) I ignore edits, because I don't even see them. I'd never know about them, unless someone pops up to say something about an earlier post that was edited.

My point is that Bill chose Dancer. That's what I got in my mailbox. I never saw that he changed it. I only saw that there was a controversy when people commented on it later.

I don't care who chooses what, but I know how I'd feel if I were Justin. Bill chose Dancer in the Dark, and then changed it to Mullholland Drive. It shouldn't matter WHY he changed it. He changed it. As far as I'm concerned, according to what sits in my mailbox, he still chose Dancer in the Dark.

I think Justin's in the right here. Can we quit giving him shit please? (at least about that, I agree with the 1-8,8-1 people).

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Vickie:

You make an excellent point, and I could care less what the denoument will be. But there are times when being 'right' is just not that important, and these games we play count as an example, IMO.

Bill says he posted in error. I say give him the benefit of the doubt and let him have the pick. What's the big deal?

This stuff, and similar garbage in other drafts, is souring me on HTF/Polls. No one can say anything without having their teeth kicked in, and all we're doing is playing games. I'm guilty too--I'm not just pointing a finger or waving a flag here. Let's just get this Draft going again and have some fun.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Vickie:

You make an excellent point, and I could care less what the denoument will be. But there are times when being 'right' is just not that important, and these games we play count as an example, IMO.

Bill says he posted in error. I say give him the benefit of the doubt and let him have the pick. What's the big deal?

This stuff, and similar garbage in other drafts, is souring me on HTF/Polls. No one can say anything without having their teeth kicked in, and all we're doing is playing games. I'm guilty too--I'm not just pointing a finger or waving a flag here. Let's just get this Draft going again and have some fun.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Angelo makes a point that I think has some a bit flustered, Bill did not choose one film and then change his mind, He made a mistake, he thought he was in a different draft. I mean if he selected Mozart by accident thinking he was in a music draft, would he have to be held to that?

In any case My next choice is

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
It is all fun, and I want it to be so too. That's why I kind of feel bad for Justin. Everyone and their brothers knows that Justin's 2 favorite films in the universe are Requiem and Mullholland. And he's being kicked around because the change was to one of his favorites. Rules can certainly be bent, but I can't help but feel for Justin there. He's within his rights to insist that the rules be held up, and to bend them would mean the loss of his 2nd favorite film. That can't be easy.

I don't understand why people are piling on Justin. Since this should all be in fun, why not let it go?

The way I feel, and I don't mean this to be snarky, is that Justin has the narrowest range of "likes" among us all. Bill has the widest. Bill could give up Mullholland and have hundreds left to choose from. If Justin gives up Mullholland, his choices are dramatically narrowed. Let's give it to the poor guy who, maybe someday, will broaden his horizons. (with that, she goes from being on Justin's "maybe she's not so bad after all" list back to his "whatta bitch!" list :D)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
The last I'll add to the conversation re Bill and Justin:

I think I've heard it all now. If we have to play these Drafts constantly mindful of everyone's particular preferences for certain films, then count me out. If Justin gets the pick it should not be because the film somehow 'belongs' to him as his palette of choices is inherently narrow. That's not Bill's problem.

Stepping off soapbox. If everyone here thinks I'm out of line, then I'm outta this Draft.

Everyone and their brothers knows that Justin's 2 favorite films in the universe are Requiem and Mullholland.
I didn't know that, and I fail to see its relevance. Color me ignorant.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Hey now, my tastes are not inherently narrow. Its just that I have more horror favorites than any other type of film, but that's because horror is my favorite genre. There are tons and tons of nonhorror films that I absolutely love, but I do pick a lot of horror, because its my favorite genre. I have plenty of choices I'd love to make in this draft, and while most will be horror, that doesn't mean its all I like. Give me a little credit, I'm not that particular. :) And Bill didn't get the pick taken away because of my tastes or anything. He got it taken away because of the rules in my first post. If someone told me Angelo put down a pick before turning it to CROUCHING TIGER, I would've changed that too even though I don't like that film. If anyone notices this happening, just let me know, and I'll enforce the rule. Same thing that happened in the Dream Girls draft, so don't act like its the first time. This will be the last I say on this subject. I do thank you for the defence though, Vickie. :)

memento
Dammit, like Erik, that was my next pick too. :frowning: Did Angelo put another film down first? :D j/k

Also, dammit Erik, THE OTHERS was one of my definite picks as well. That has to be about the millionth time you've stolen one of my picks within the last three weeks alone. :frowning:

Erik, I've also been meaning to ask you something. Could you please tell me where you are getting these poster pics to post, as I'd love to do it also, though I've never known how. Please let me know, and I'll very muchly appreciate it. :)

Mike Hutman is up.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Well thanks ErikG for taking my second pick.:angry: If everyone would not have made me so confused, I wouldn't have given my second pick along with my first one.
Oh well I'm glad to see I have some movies in common with other people. It's not easy hanging out with Steve Gon. He thinks most of my movies are shit.:D

OK, my second pick is now
Signs

My third pick is
HA,HA Made you look

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks