What's new

Directors The 00's so far- the Draft (1 Viewer)

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I think he means that if this is going in the usual draft order, then Mike as the last person in the round makes 2 selections, one to end Round 1, and another to start round 2.

huh
I think he picked Dancer in the Dark and a second later had a change of mind, Does not matter though, He will be picking again before you anyhow.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Ah, that's why I was confused. Like my 90s draft and most of SteveGon's 8 people draft, we're going 1-8, 1-8 which was a trend started by Mr. Gon for 8 person drafts. Check out my first post. If we were going serpentine order, I would've put 1-8, 8-1. Sorry about the confusion guys. :b

I think he picked Dancer in the Dark and a second later had a change of mind
Not quite sure who you're talking about here. Yeah, I'm an idiot. :D

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
Are you saying it will be 1-8 in every round? If yes, do you think that's fair? It's certainly not! Count me out if that's the case.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, interesting... If Bill did put another film before his current decision, I will have to put it back in the running, as rules are rules, and we're going by the rule they had on picks in the Dream Girls draft. Don't want to seem like a jerk, but the rule was clearly in my first post. If Bill had DANCER down first, and it is in fact a 00's film, he will have to take DANCER, and everyone who picked after him can either keep their current pick or take MULHOLLAND.

I was up next, but since this has arose, we'll start back at Erik and see in order if they want to change their pick (PLEASE don't! ;)). This will start now, and everyone has 12 hours to give their decision.

Also, we need another player to replace Bergeron. SteveGon, are you out there?

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
Hey, Justin, answer my question! Do you think going 1-8 in every round is fair? Looks like cheating to me.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I don't know man. Even if he did change his pick, it was so damn fast that no one but me seems to have noticed and only one minute after his posting time, Chuck responded "I think you just made Justin's head explode...." Would indicate that if Dancer in the Dark was selected it was only up for about 15-20 seconds if even.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but if someone sees it, no matter how long it was there, it has to be ruled on. This is the same way they did things in the Dream Girls draft. One guy posted his girl and then changed his mind and edited it. Rice (I think it was him) had seen the guy's pick before he changed it, which wasn't very long, and he informed him that he had stick with his first pick. Surely some of you guys recall this from that draft.

Erik is up right now with what we're doing, then Hutman.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Why not just continue on as normal and put this issue aside until we hear from Bill? The film aint going anywhere

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
As for Bergeron's fairness question Steve and George got into a discussion over the fairness of it a while back. Ask him about it, as he has far better points on its fairness than I do, or just go check out the discussion yourself. It was in the Comedy Draft thread. My drafts aren't the only ones going this way, ya know.

These guys are up:

ErikG
Mike Hutman
and a new player (Gon or Bagoly) perhaps?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I don't want the draft to get all out of order and crap, so we'll wait for Bill and then for Erik, Mike, and newbies decison if they want to change their choice. Basically, we're waiting for Erik. Thanks for all the help with this.

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
As for Bergeron's fairness question Steve and George got into a discussion over the fairness of it a while back.
Really, it's very simple to understand. Simple arithmetic. By doing 1-8 in every round, it's always the same person that gets the first choice. That's unfair. You don't have this problem with the serpentine order. But hey, it's your draft. If you want to cheat, go ahead!

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
The Foreign Film Draft 2, Cinematography draft, horror draft, and 90s draft among others are done that way and have been successes, so its not a big deal. Call it cheating if you wish, though...

Now back to this draft.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member

:laugh: 3 of those are ones Justin himself was running.

1-8, 1-8 gives the first person (*cough* Justin) an advantage, and shafts the last guy. This has been proven mathematically.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
There's no way I'm forfeiting my rights to Donnie Darko, so I'll pass on Mulholland Drive. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks