What's new

Thank you for keeping the forum open these past two days (1 Viewer)

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
During the crisis of the past two days, I've used this forum as my news source and therapy group. You could have shut it down, rightly thinking that the admins needed a well-deserved rest and a day or two to watch events unfold on CNN. But you didn't. You allowed us to gather here and trusted us to behave ourselves when we could have instead entertained our worst fears and prejudices. You allowed us to summarize and discuss breaking news for those of us trapped in a cubicle unable to watch TV, listen to a radio, or even access the overstressed news servers. You allowed us to locate one another, grieve with one another, encourage one another.
Thank you for allowing us to gather here and for continuing to baby-sit us during this very trying time. To all the admins, your notable sacrifice to the forum membership during the past two days is tremendously appreciated.
I hope we haven't disappointed you. I, for one, believe that the discussions here on HTF of recent events have been the most civil and intelligent to be found anywhere on the Internet. This forum is truly a beacon, and I'm very proud to be a guest here.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to show humanity's best face in this world of sudden darkness.
-Brian

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Brian:
Some people cannot contain themselves no matter what so we have had to close those threads down and not allow further discussion.
Parker

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Alas, things didn't work out.
Ah, but things did work out, at least long enough for most of us to cope with the news. And now you've made me aware of the extent to which this was made possible by the remarkable effort put forth by the moderators of this forum.
And this makes my gratitude even more heartfelt.
How any of you can look at this and call it a failure is beyond my comprehension. Through your unending diligence, you have succeeded in preserving the sanity, decency, and intelligence this forum has come to be known for.
I mean this most sincerely: Thank you. Very well done, indeed.

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
I have to echo what BrianW is saying.
When this mess was unfolding, the only online source of information that I could access was the HTF. I understood that emotions were running high and some people let themselves get out of hand... I ignored their posts for the most part.
We cannot--we WILL NOT--let the few harm the community we have here at the HTF.
Through your unending diligence, you have succeeded in preserving the sanity, decency, and intelligence this forum has come to be known for.
'Nuff said.
Thank you.
-Mike
------------------
.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o 0o.
void *: Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything
.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o 0o.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks