Thank you for keeping the forum open these past two days

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BrianW, Sep 13, 2001.

1. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    During the crisis of the past two days, I've used this forum as my news source and therapy group. You could have shut it down, rightly thinking that the admins needed a well-deserved rest and a day or two to watch events unfold on CNN. But you didn't. You allowed us to gather here and trusted us to behave ourselves when we could have instead entertained our worst fears and prejudices. You allowed us to summarize and discuss breaking news for those of us trapped in a cubicle unable to watch TV, listen to a radio, or even access the overstressed news servers. You allowed us to locate one another, grieve with one another, encourage one another.
    Thank you for allowing us to gather here and for continuing to baby-sit us during this very trying time. To all the admins, your notable sacrifice to the forum membership during the past two days is tremendously appreciated.
    I hope we haven't disappointed you. I, for one, believe that the discussions here on HTF of recent events have been the most civil and intelligent to be found anywhere on the Internet. This forum is truly a beacon, and I'm very proud to be a guest here.
    Thank you for giving us the opportunity to show humanity's best face in this world of sudden darkness.
    -Brian

2. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

Brian,
    Alas, things didn't work out.

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Brian:
    Some people cannot contain themselves no matter what so we have had to close those threads down and not allow further discussion.
    Parker

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    We have opened this back up with limitations.
    Parker

5. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian

6. MikeSerrano

MikeSerrano Second Unit

I have to echo what BrianW is saying.
    When this mess was unfolding, the only online source of information that I could access was the HTF. I understood that emotions were running high and some people let themselves get out of hand... I ignored their posts for the most part.
    We cannot--we WILL NOT--let the few harm the community we have here at the HTF.