What's new

TGG: Ripcord Seasons 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Cowboy said:
I have been viewing Season 1 episodes.It appears what is "edited" is the 2 minute or
so part after the ending credits.The part that has the coming attraction and skydiving
info is missing.The actual episode is untouched from intro to end credits.This was
a blind buy and well worth $15 per season.
I SECOND You on the value of this series

As for the "Missing two Minutes"T I figured the end skydiving promo was to blame. I should have spared one of the 'boots I had that had the skydiving promo, unfortunately by the time I found this out I had already destroyed all the 'boot disks. :laugh: The garbage men hauled them to the dump yesterday. Oh well, the Episodes themselves are uncut, and the video quality is considerably better than the copies I used to have. I no longer have to set my TV to what I call "Mill Creek Mode" (Small Screen) when I watch this series. :biggrin:

BTW My city has the only "Dump" (Landfill) in the USA that has nesting Bald Eagles on the property! I call them "The Slumming Eagles". :rolling-smiley:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Believe it or not at least one of the planes used on this series is still operational! I jotted down the License Number (N9436X) and "Googled" it and found out it's owned by a fellow in California. Unfortunately, it's not for sale (I'm certain from time to time he gets an offer from an Aviation Buff who's willing to pay TOP DOLLAR to have this plane!) :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Boy did I get a BIG SURPRISE just now. I fired up my DVD Player and placed in oisk one of the second season and discovered it's in COLOR! Prior to today I thought the entire series was in Black and White. :3dglasses:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I found out ANOTHER Plane used on this series is operational. N3220Y is owned by a fellow in Tennessee.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
Regulus said:
Boy did I get a BIG SURPRISE just now. I fired up my DVD Player and placed in oisk one of the second season and discovered it's in COLOR! Prior to today I thought the entire series was in Black and White. :3dglasses:
I was still watching the Season 1 episodes,but I jumped ahead to Season 2
and also was surprised to see them in color.Season 2 was filmed in 1962,what
other shows at that time were also filmed in color?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Off the top of my head TV shows in color for 1962 would include:
Bonanza
The Virginian
Laramie
The Flintstones
The Jetsons
The final season of Tales of Wells Fargo in 1961 was also in color.
I'm sure there were more.

1961 was the first big push to sell color TV's so there were a few shows in color to support it. The 1965 and 1966 seasons were the big switch to color years for TV shows.
Cowboy said:
I was still watching the Season 1 episodes,but I jumped ahead to Season 2
and also was surprised to see them in color.Season 2 was filmed in 1962,what
other shows at that time were also filmed in color?

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
In color - check. How's the calibre of stories, action, acting? Is it better in season 2?

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
From what I've seen the acting is just as good in the second season as they were in season one. (Bear in mind prior to purchasing both seasons the only episodes I saw were from those other disks (Now Destroyed) I bought from a "Trading Source" a few years ago, and both seasons were in B&W.

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
shoeshineboy said:
In color - check. How's the calibre of stories, action, acting? Is it better in season 2?
I would consider Season 2 equal to Season 1 in quality.The color is a liitle faded
but for the time period quite acceptable.Ripcord is one of my top 5 blind buys.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Ziv produced a lot of series where they did some of the episodes in color. Off the top of my head, besides Ripcord, The Everglades, Science Fiction Theater, Boston Blackie, Mr. District Attorney, I Led 3 Lives, Cisco Kid (all color), Lawbreakers.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Neil, I remember seeing a single episode of SEA HUNT in color rerunning on WGN in the mid-80's. Would that be accurate or am I dreaming the whole thing?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Glen, you may be thinking of the '80s SEA HUNT reboot with Ron Ely, or the Ivan Tors movie starring Lloyd Bridges, AROUND THE WORLD UNDER THE SEA.The first two filmed episodes of Bridges' SEA HUNT were filmed in color, but according Bill Jones of The Scubaguy Sea Hunt site, the color versions of the episodes were never part of the syndication package and he has never found anyone, in collecting circles, who has owned or actually seen a color copy of those two color episodes.I am again impressed with TGG and their replacement disc program. I received my RIPCORD S1- Disc-3 replacement in one and a half business days, after I emailed them. Disc 3 repeated the episode "Elegy for a Hero" from Disc5, instead of the actual "Sentence of Death" episode. If you need the S1 Disc 3 replacement DVD with the correct episodes, send your request and address to: [email protected]

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Ivan Tors made some outstanding TV Shows and Movies in his day. - Every time I find one of his titles being released, I do not hesitate to snatch it up. It's sad they don't make shows like these anymore. :(

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Disk Two of Season Two has one episode - The Hunter, which has the skydiving promo INTACT. :thumbsup:

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Gu said:
I am again impressed with TGG and their replacement disc program. I received my RIPCORD S1- Disc-3 replacement in one and a half business days, after I emailed them. Disc 3 repeated the episode "Elegy for a Hero" from Disc5, instead of the actual "Sentence of Death" episode. If you need the S1 Disc 3 replacement DVD with the correct episodes, send your request and address to: [email protected]
Many thanks for this, Bob. I'd asked about this on the previous page and am glad to know someone else had an issue.
Just emailed Michelle

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Holy Smoke, I have the same situation. I just emailed TGG to request a Replacement Disk.

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Bob, thanks for the info. Although my memory isn't as strong as it once was, I've been watching SEA HUNT since the mid-60's and AROUND THE WORLD UNDER THE SEA since its original theatrical release, so I know the alleged color episode I saw was not the film or the Ely series remake. Plus I know I saw what I saw on WGN, which would not have had the rights to either the movie or the Ely show and was home to the Bridges' SEA HUNT for nearly 30 years. However, if the color episodes are as rare as you've read, it's unlikely I didn't see them, but I am still intrigued enough after all these years to wonder. The fact that two shows WERE made in color only whets my imagination more. :)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Got a reply From Michelle. They're sending me a replacement disk. :)

Cowboy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert
This company has great customer service.They sent the replacement disc 2 days after e-mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation154
Recent bookmarks