TGG: Bat Masterson Season 3

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Brian:C, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    I'm wondering why Encore decided to re-run Bat so soon after it last aired. I would have rather they aired something else, like Sugarfoot, Bronco, or The Rebel. Probably they don't have the broadcast rights to the ones I mentioned, and they still have the rights for Bat Masterson. They should try and get rights for Tombstone Territory, Black Saddle, Law of the Plainsman, The Californians, Laramie, or Trackdown. I suppose they can't get those rights, or they would have aired them by now.

2. smithbrad

smithbrad Screenwriter

Brad
    Richard, when did Bat Masterson last air on Encore? I've only been monitoring Encore for probably the last fours years or so (started when Rifleman went off) and I don't recall it running in that time. Bat and the Rebel have aired on other networks recently. I agree it is nice to see fresh titles show up. Personally, I'd like to see the complete Range Rider myself. I think it aired on Encore back in the 90's. I have some older captures I found but would like to capture some new one's in hopefully a bit better quality. Also, Johnny Ringo looks like an interesting title. Hopefully, WB will continue with Sugarfoot releases, and Timeless the same with Tombstone Territory and the rumored "rebel" release.

Silverking likes this.
  3. Richard V

Richard
    All 3 seasons of Bat Masterson aired on Encore Westerns about 5 yrs ago or so, maybe a little longer. I know because I recorded all seasons off their channel, and I think they ran them for about 2 yrs, or so, give or take a month or two.

4. Silverking

Silverking Stunt Coordinator

Chris Street
    Indeed 'Range Rider' aired on Encore some years back along with 'Buffalo Bill Jnr.' & I think 'Annie Oakley' 'The Rebel' also played on Encore.

'Black Saddle' played on the now defunct Lone Star channel and is a very good western for a half hour series as is 'Johnny Ringo'..
    I think they may also have shown 'Law of the Plainsman'. 'The Californians' hasn.t played anywhere in decades and is a tough series to find.

I am fairly confident Timeless will finish up 'Tombstone Territory'.

5. oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff Second Unit

James Beer
    If Encore ever chooses to go for Laramie, they might as well spring for a set of new transfers from Universal, then arrange with TMG/Shout! to do a total upgrade of the series in DVD sets.

6. smithbrad

smithbrad Screenwriter

Brad
    I really like Range Rider. It doesn't take itself seriously at all, it is just fun will real action and stunts by the actor's themselves. Mahoney and Jones have a real flair for the characters and seem to enjoy what they are doing. I just happen to have pulled it out last week and have been enjoying a few episodes. I think I have around 78 episodes in total from its Encore run.

How is "Buffalo Bill Jr."? I know that one has Dickie Jones in it after his Range Rider days. Can he pull off a show by himself? I've seen a few Annie Oakley's from the PD sets and it's not bad. I've seen about 10 episodes of the Rebel, and I'm looking forward to a complete release some day from Timeless. You are correct, The Rebel played on Encore at the same time as the Range Rider. A few of the Range Rider episodes I found had partial episodes of The Rebel (before I trimmed them off) so they aired back to back.

I also ended up with copies of Black Saddle, Law of the Plainsman, and Johnny Ringo from their Lone Star airing. I've watch all of Black Saddle and enjoyed it. It is interesting seeing Peter Breck in a role different then Big Valley. I haven't gotten around to Ringo or Plainsman yet.

I agree I think Timeless will finish up Tombstone Territory at some point. It will be interesting to see how they decide to package it since season 2 was only 12 episodes and season 3 was 40 episodes. Hopefully they will just combine it into one release.

7. LouA

LouA Screenwriter

Lou Antonicello
    Re. Bat Masterson season 3 :Excellant news. I'll be pre-ordering this ,and hoping we'll see further ZIV show sfrom TGG.

8. maskedmala

maskedmala Stunt Coordinator

Maurice
    Read in ClassicFlix Blog yesterday:TGG Direct has scheduled Bat Masterson - Season 3 for release on December 10th.But on Amazon.com it's still:Bat Masterson Season 3 Starring Gene Barry (2013)Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on November 5, 2013.I hope the Amazon listing is the right one. Anybody knowsw something about that.Thanks

9. Professor Echo

Professor Echo Screenwriter

Glen
    Brad, a long overdue thank you for this information. Sorry for the delayed response.

10. Carabimero

Carabimero Cinematographer
    Supporter

Alan
    This guy gets clocked on the back of the head more than Mannix! But there's something alluring about watching a grown man beat bad guys with a bat--and get away with it.

11. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes
    :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

12. Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris Supporting Actor

Good call - my DVR has been populated with a scheduled recording of this episode on 12/12.

13. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Cinematographer

With regard to a couple of previously mentioned shows, The Californians is controlled by SFM Entertainment. Same company that sold them Wyatt Earp. So, if Encore has an interest, they do deal with that company. Trackdown is CBS and they haven't done anything with the show since the 16mm syndication days. A complete remastering job to tape would have to be done. Would be great to see as all of mine are from old off air records from the 80s.

Richard V likes this.
  14. Richard V

Richard
    Thanks for the info on The Californians. That is very intertesting news, I would hope that Encore would ask them for the broadcast rights, since they already have a relationship with them on Wyatt Earp. I really like The Californians, as Sean McClory was always one of my favorite character actors.

15. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny
    Wait, doesn't SFM only have edited tape masters-elements on their shows?

16. smithbrad

smithbrad Screenwriter

Brad
    The SFM logo is on the Wyatt Earp releases and they are not edited.