What's new

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
The metal plaque is the same pic as pictured on the Platinum Edition cover.

And it's actually kinda like a license plate, and not a metal slipcover.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I really enjoyed both. The new one was rather grueling and I thought it was better than it had any right to be, I thought the same of T3.
I'll be getting the 2 disker.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The running times are the same so I guess there wont be different cuts. Which is okay, as I have no idea if there actually is 2 cuts of this movie. Was it ever confirmed?

I'll get the 2 disc set for sure! The Gein documentary is the selling point for me (besides being a sucker for extras:D )

Anyone interested in Gein should pick up the book "Deviant" by Harold Schecter. A great (if unpleasant) read on the man who inspired "Psycho", (and every other serial murder movie that came out after!)

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
I've never seen the original, but I thought this was a great horror film. Much better than most of the horror films that have recently been released.

I'll definitely be getting the 2 disc set!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I want the 2 discer as well. Namely for the extras and the Ed Gein doc. I havent seen it yet though but have heard good things about it.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I will get the 2 disc one.

This movie took my by surprise, I thought it would be horrible, but I actually thought it was a great remake.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I deplore this new practice of standard edition missing the extra disc and an overpriced special edition released concurrently but since I really enjoyed this movie I will probably buy the 2 disc set.

Ryan_TD

Stunt Coordinator

It's funny. I havn't seen this re-make but a couple of friends of mine saw it also BEFORE seeing the original. They both preferred the re-make to the original. It HAS to do with the fact that they enjoyed the first version they saw. I guess what i'm trying to say is - is there anyone who saw and was a big fan of the original that now prefers the 2003 re-make???

Here's hoping that one day someone will release an anamorphic restored version of the classic tobe hooper film(not just a re-packaged one....:thumbsdown: )

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
This is an "expensive" 2-discer, IMO. Seems to be going for slightly under $30...do you in the U.S. not think this is expensive? The Master and Commander 2-discer will probably retail for similar...a new trend? These appear to be releases a little above standard packaging quality/content, but $10+ worth more? Are they heading toward the Korean route of very fancy packaging to extract more $$$? Personally I don't care about packaging as long as the discs are protected and the thing fits in my rack, it can be made pleasant and functional without getting ridiculous. And metal plates are cheap, remember the T2 Extreme metal slipcase which is like 2 plates (regardless that it was a PITA), so that's no excuse for the price IMO.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I loved this remake, and while its not on par with the perfect original, its still a great little film. Definitely getting the two disc set.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone post cover art for the 2-discer, I cant find it anywhere and the link on the first page of the thread is dead?

Bob clamer

Supporting Actor
If anyone is interested in purchasing the 2 disc set, PM me as we get closer to the release date. I have a person who I get my DVDs from at a better than retail price with free shipping if they can get them. Latest word is that they will have both versions but of course subject to change. I'll keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks