What's new

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1 Viewer)

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Hey

New Line have just announced the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. It'll be available from the 30th March in two seperate releases. The first will be an all singing, all dancing platinum series release and the second will be a cut down one disc release. The specs for the platinum series release are as follows. I've also attached the artwork for the single disc:

1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
English Dolby Digital EX 5.1 Track
English DTS ES Surround Track
3 Audio Commentaries with Director Marcus Nispel, Michael Bay & More
Chainsaw Redux (Making Of) Documentary
Selection of Deleted Scenes
Alternate Opening and Ending
Crime Scene Photographs
Motograter “Suffocate” Music Video
Gein: The Ghoul of Plainfield Documentary
Cast Screen Tests
Various Art Galleries
Script-to-Screen (DVD-ROM)
Original Theatrical Trailers
Seven TV Spots
English & Spanish Subtitles

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
We had a 100 minute cut showing up here? Not that I particularly like the film, especially in comparison to the original, but does anyone know what was added/left in versus the US edit?

Sorry if this had been discussed before, but I'm still new to these boards.

Gregory E

Second Unit
Sweet! I can't wait to pick this one up.....

Just to clarify....they will have a two-disc Platinum set and a regular one-disc release?

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Seems kinda weird they would have a barebones release and a Platinum release. I don't seen any reason why they would do it...guess we'll have to wait for the official release for clarification.

Edit: Looks like, according to the Bits, the barebones disc will have the Dolby and DTS tracks, and some extras, but the 2 disc will be the one to get...alas, it's retailing for $39.99. Hope it will still reach the $20 price point at the major retailers. Hate to say it, but I'm spoiled, and $40 is a bit pricey for 2 discs unless your name is Criterion.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Could this thread be retitled: Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)?
Just so I, for instance, don't have to waste my time clicking in here only to be dissapointed.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
Is it R- rated or unrated?

Though quite intense, there was one or two moments where I felt it had been trimmed for violence..

Paul D G

Screenwriter
As a remake it failed, but as a horror movie on it's own I enjoyed it. I'll be picking this one up.

Finally got the original version on Elite laserdisc. :)

-paul

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Finally got the original version on Elite laserdisc.
I picked up mine last April :emoji_thumbsup:

I'll also be picking up the remake. It obviously pales in comparison to the classic original, but was very decent as compared to a lot of horror films today.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I will probably be picking this one up too..... Maybe.. The wife said she will never watch it again :frowning: Too intense for her. Me on the other hand freaking loved it!..... So I will just have to wait and see.....

R~

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
YUCK!!!!

I like the cover art of the 1 discer better....

New LINE...go with the theatrical art

Didn't it say that there's some kind of metal slipcover? Maybe that's what's in the picture...

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I think it looks awesome. 99.9% of the time I'm an original poster art man myself, but this is quite cool, and should be even better looking with the metallic effect going.

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
I hope I don't piss anybody off, but I really enjoyed the remake more than the original. I totally respect the original and how it came first and everything, but the "movie experience" was better for me with the remake. I'm sure it doesn't help that I watched the remake before I watched the original. Just my opinion.

I'm definitely getting the 2-disc version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks