Testy Area 51

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Steve Christou, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    ..er not Wing Commander either. Here's some clues - [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Idianna Jones and the Temple Of Doom? WTF? No!
    Tomb Raider? I don't remember that much tech in Tomb Raider. :S
    time to let smarter droogs play I guess [​IMG]

3. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    I am sorry Steve, i meant to say Ghost in the Shell Innocence is sub only. To make things worse the first pressing wasnt just subs, it was hearing impaired subs. So you got to read about sounds of traffic, as well as hear those sounds.
    I watched The Island, cause you guys recommended it. I really liked it. Why did it get so much bad press? Do people hate Bay that much?

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Stevomatic:

I have never seen that flick. And Dr. Doom and IJandTTofDoom didn't help as a clue.

It looks like a young Xavier without his lower half.

5. Ray_R

Ray_R Screenwriter

What I win?[​IMG]

6. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    [​IMG] I can imagine Ray bouncing up and down with glee, it was DOOM! Yay! You seem to be quite good at these sort of quizzes Ray, plus I bet you played the game Doom a few times eh? [Ray blushes]
    People hate without really knowing why, Russ hates Bay and yet he enjoyed The Island. There are far worse directors out there.

7. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    The Island was pretty much the only thing of Bays I liked. "The rock" was alright... I like his movies about islands I guess... [​IMG]
    And "Doom"??? Who actually watched that one??? Just kidding, I'm curious to check it out. Just never got around to it.
    Here's some photos from my UK trip:
    Dalek at the Fab Cafe in Manchester (taken with cell phone, so it sucks in quality, plus I was on my 4th cider and black... sue me [​IMG])
    [​IMG]
    A giraffe wanting to eat my friend Kristine at the London zoo! I never saw a giraffe before. Sadly, the lions were sleeping so Sally couldn't get me a lion ride. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Note the beautiful English sunny weather. Here's what I woke up to this morning
    [​IMG]
    I want a new country!
    And I wont bore you with anymore, I thought I'd post the dalek since theres some who fans in Testy and I totally nerded out in that bar [​IMG]

8. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    Ex..ter..min..ate! Hmmm it was a little strange the British weather brightening up when you arrived and than started snowing as soon as you left Russle. [​IMG]
    Hopefully we'll have a summer this year, there wasn't one last year, we had winter followed by spring and than autumn, bugger.
    Lion ride Russ? um I know it's been a while since I visited the zoo, can't remember any lion rides. Sure you're not thinking of pony rides? Lions tend to eat people. [​IMG]

9. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    My friend Sally works at the zoo, she was going to get me into the pen with the lion keeper, and I was going to go from there. Sadly, between sleeping lions and the keeper not working, and Sally herself having unexpected work, no actual animal riding was available. [​IMG]
    Even on the rainy days (maybe 3 days out of the 10 I was there for?) I missed most of the down pours, being inside only to have them clear up as I was heading out. UK loves me, I should probably move... [​IMG]
    One last photo, a TARDIS at the Manchester Science Museum. I'm not sure if it actually worked... it was in the science museum after all. Not sure why all this Dr. Who stuff is in Manchester either.
    [​IMG]

10. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Your friend is cute Russ, and thats the smallest giraffe i have even seen. You got ripped off!
    Hey Steve, how does Doom, is that who it was?, excrete waste if he doesnt have pluming on his wheels?
    Russ it was in the 80s here today. But i had to work, so really it didnt matter. Cept my bum was warm.

11. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    There's no one called Doom in the film Rick, as far as I know. It's just the name of the game. The film starred Dwayne Johnson and Karl Urban and it was a bit rubbish as most based on a game movies tend to be. But I kinda enjoyed it, best bit was a sequence near the end where they copy the style of the game, a 10min point of view shot where the hero is moving thru corridors and rooms, you see his weapon of choice at the bottom of the screen firing at various nasties that appear and attack. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One thing I loved about Doctor Who as a kid was the Tardis and the strange sound it made when it was appearing or disappearing. "The distinctive accompanying sound effect — a cyclic wheezing, groaning noise — was originally created in the BBC Radiophonic Workshop by Brian Hodgson. He produced the effect by dragging a set of house keys along the strings of an old, gutted piano. The resulting sound was then recorded and electronically processed with echo and reverb." Wikipedia.

12. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    they actually emulated the game in the movie?? WOW! that sounds really awful, I want to see it now!
    I love that sound too, I always thought it was just a hand saw cutting through wood. I had it on my work PC for windows start up (TARDIS appearing sound effect) and the flying away sound for when it shut down. I leave my speakers at full volume when I listen to music, using winamp to control it, so it was super loud. Too funny!
    Anyone see AvP-R directors cut yet?

13. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    hey! we got weird balls under our avatars... and no, I'm not making a testicle joke! [​IMG]
    Whats the story?

14. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    Well this is the teste thread Rustle... [​IMG] hang on let me check your balls.... hmmm what's this? "send support ticket" what does that do? well one of your balls lets you know if you're online or offline. And there's a "Digg this post" thingy to the right of your balls.

15. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    nice to see Christou jump all over my balls like that.... [​IMG]

16. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    ...and I can only see one of your balls when I'm in white skin mode. [​IMG]
    I haven't seen the directors cut of AVP-R is it worth buying? Better than the theatrical? I've got all the others so I should get this, don't know whether to wait a few months until it's in the 3 for £20 racks or buy it now and get it over with. Or I can always wait a year or two and get it free with The Guardian newspaper. [​IMG]
    I enjoyed Awake, starring Hayden Christensensen and Jessica Alba, not what I expected, I thought it was going to be a dreary medical drama. It unexpectedly veered off into supernatural fantasy and had enough twists and turns to keep us 'awake'. [​IMG]
    I've got Untraceable to watch this week, anyone seen this? Stars Diane Lane and Colin Hanks.

17. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    your not in wap land are you???
    I haven't seen any of those movies. Awake looked like a Stephen King rip off that aired on "Nightmares & Dreamscapes" so I skipped it.
    Anyone see Jumper? Looked like a weird highlander thing. I never cared much for the Highlander films, but this one looked kinda cool.

18. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    I saw David Gordon Green's Snow Angels this weekend. While reviews keep harping on how depressing the film is, I thought it was well worth seeing for wonderful performances from Sam Rockwell and Kate Beckinsale. And anyhow, I like "bleak" films.
    Reaching back to an earlier topic -- I love Robert Redford! "The Sting", "Butch Cassidy" and "The Way We Were" would probably be my favorites. I barely remember "Sneakers", on the other hand, other than that I didn't care for it very much.
    I watched "Sleuth" last night. I always thought one of the plot "twists" was SO OBVIOUS in the 1972 original and I think it would be the same for new viewers here unfamiliar with the original. Branagh uses all kinds of camera gimmickry which were a bit annoying, but I suppose he's trying to break the stagnancy of the very limited setting. Nice meaty role for Jude Law, but the narrative itself still doesn't work very well for me.
    I started watching Season 6 of "Sex and the City" last night so I could be all caught up for the movie next month.

19. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo
    Supporter

John Dhein

20. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    [​IMG] I think I was starting to worry Russ a little than... hehe! No I wasn't in WAP land Russ, and no I'm not going to check to see if all your balls are in there...[STOP IT STEVE!] I do still spend time in white skin mode, as well as the new blue skin, when I get a bit nostalgic. [​IMG]
    The original 1972 Sleuth is one of my favorites Elizabeth, I used to watch it quite regularly when I first taped it off the telly a long long time ago, practically memorised the dialogue, I didn't like the remake, just seemed so redundant. Why are they remaking all these great films, what is the point? The Wicker Man for chrissakes, once voted the greatest British horror film of all time and they remake it, with Nic Cage? [bites fist]
    Watched Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, directed by 83 year old Sidney Lumet and stars Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Ethan Hawke and Albert Finney. Hoffman and Hawke play brothers who desperately need money for various reasons, so they decide to rob their parents jewelery store... thinking the insurance company will pay up and it'll be a victimless crime. Well things go horribly wrong... good film, keeps you watching. Hoffman is excellent as usual. Marisa Tomei fans will get their money's worth, she wears very little and looks great, better than she did 15 years ago. [​IMG]
    Whenever I watch a new film I leap over to the IMDB forums to get a good laugh at the twerps posting there. There'll be someone 'worried' if the film has nudity, or asking "what happened at the end? someone explain please" here's a sample of postings for Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, no spoilers -