Testy Area 51

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Steve Christou, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    It's like having a 5 year old running around here... Russellmania, you're spending too much time on the internet and it may be impeding mental growth. [​IMG]
    "Cleaver. Cleaver. Chop. Chop. First the mom and then the pop. Then we'll get the pretty girl. We'll get her right between the curl."
    Ooh I've just checked the tv guide, Twisted Nerve is on tonight, must get the dvd recorder ready. Haven't seen it in ages, I think the Bernard Herrmann theme was used in Kill Bill. And by coincidence I also have Mario Bava's Twitch of the Death Nerve to watch this week too, woo and hoo. [​IMG]

2. Haggai

Haggai Producer

Yeah, it's the whistling theme in the scene where Darryl Hannah dresses in a nurse uniform and walks down the hall to administer a fatal injection to Uma Thurman. Was Twisted Nerve actually any good?

3. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Yea, i saw those Oz threads. Didnt post in them. I know we already had a damn long Oz thread about the restoration. You know the one, where people zoom in on a frame and show you where the edge enhancement is. "Look i have it on 500X mag, can you see the flaws now!" I did post in the TWO Searchers threads. The guy who didnt like the color of the sand in the restoration, called it a travesty, or something.

4. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Well, you know, any port in a storm, I'll take me entertainments as I can get it. [​IMG]

5. Haggai

Haggai Producer

Actually he called it "pre-meditated rape," if I remember right. I understand that people can get very passionate about this stuff, but that seemed to me like it was nearing "George Luca$$$ raped my childhood!!" territory...[​IMG]

6. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    Is the forum still a little unstable? I just posted my revised top 20 favorite films in the polls area and it hasn't shown up. The thread meter lists 29 posts when there should be at least 31. Weird!
    Maybe if someone else posts in there my post might appear [bites fist].

7. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    yesterday when I posted, it would not update, but if I hit stop on my browser, then went out to the forum and then back into the thread, it would show my post as posted.
    And I still have the black HTF at work, and the White bordered HTF at home.
    I'm pretty much baffled. [​IMG]

8. ted:r

ted:r Second Unit

yada yada ya...heck with it

9. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Heh, that would look good on a tombstone!

10. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    tedr always picks my thread to post his crap, he's had so many posts removed from this thread over the past couple of years. We need a new riff raff repellent. [​IMG]
    So this posting anomaly happened to you too Russ... I just checked the top 20 thread to see if my post got thru but noooo, it has the correct time I posted on the thread but no post. I wonder, if I post again will it get through? Or has that thread turned into a postsucking black hole?
    Nearly forgot Twisted Nerve is on in a minute I'll turn the webcam on and point it at the tv so all of you can watch with me, we can commentate and poke fun at it. [​IMG]
    Haggai if you're still there it's been a long time since I saw Twisted Nerve I probably liked it then and I'll probably hate it now. All I remember is the full frontal female nudity I'll post some grabs tomorrow. [​IMG]

11. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    if you let it sit long enough, it will post. thats how it worked for me.
    and you know what? I actually thought about a testy movie night. We all agree to watch one movie together, comment here about it. Would be fun. 5pm christou time is 10am my time, and I think Rick is close to my zone. plan it on a sat or sunday and we could do it! [​IMG]

12. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    Interesting idea, might be fun, but which film? Must be something we all own. But won't it eat up too many pages? Unless we start a thread in the testing area especially for that movie, hmmm...

13. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Id be game. I know we own many of the same movies. I have looked at Russ' DVD Profiler page. I am on Profiler too, but i dont have a link back here. Your an hour behind me Russ, and i know Steve is 6 hours ahead of me. Its 1 AM in London right now, 7 PM here. Steve would have to stay up late, or we would have to get up damn early.
    The forum has been slow for me too. Is it from so many using it because of Paramount going HD DVD, or is it the dang server still messed up?
    I just watched "Robot", Tom Bakers first Dr. Who. Came out this week in the US. Couldnt bring myself to buy the last episode of classic Who. I didnt like McCoy. The restoration team sure does good work on Who.

14. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Say, Russell. i was just reading on the Robocop thread that the discs in Canada are messed up. Seems they are both disc 1, even though disc 2 has a disc 2 logo on it. But its still disc 1. I didnt know if you were into this title. Just wanted to give you a heads up...just in case. But i got it today, and now i need to check it, just in case. Added in with my Criterion disc. I dont like those steel books.

15. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I actually ripped a copy of the criterion from a friend for Robocop, then bought that previous set with the 3 movies, so I'm pretty good for robocop. 2 and 3 are just terrible.
    I'm with you on the McCoy who's to. He was just terrible. No wonder the series tanked. I think I have a copy of Robots. I can;t bring myself to buy those restored ones. I don;t doubt they are great deals, but they have the 3 letters, BBC on them so they are usually really expensive here.
    As far as testy area movie night, a weekend afternoon would work. 12pm my time is about 7pm christou and 1pm Rick time. Elizabeth I think is close as well about 2 or 3pm. Chris DC I'm not sure, and Cees is in Hollenmark or somewhere, so I think he's later then Christou. We could start a new thread about a week or so ahead in the yest section, then others can join in.
    We could watch 2001, I'll complain about it being two quiet, and Jack well ban me for being an ass about his favorite film. Be fun [​IMG]
    And can anyone tell by my "Christou time, Cess time" that I'm completely baffled by time zones? XD

16. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    2001? Testy does Kubrick? - "Okay the films started...", "Wait a minute guys I think I put on Planet of the Apes by mistake", "When does the monolith appear? Can I fast forward?", "wow these space scenes still hold up", "Russell hasn't posted in a while". "Sorry I've been watching Astroboy", "That's just great! Rick?" , "I'm watching Star Trek... animated", "What? um Haggai?", "Tears of the Panther III", "eh? Elizabeth?", "Disco Dogs", "Okaay HAL?" ,"Stop Steve... will you stop... Steve? My mind is going... I can feel it..."
    There's a lot of commotion in the HD threads, a couple of the big studios decided to stick to just one of the formats, HD-DVD, and it seems to be ringing the death-knell for Blu-ray, lots of shouting going on. Rick you're into this, any thoughts? Good news or bad? It matters not a jot to me but I'm finding it all quite fascinating, are the format wars nearly over? [bites fist] [​IMG]
    Watched Twisted Nerve last night, didn't think much of it. A disappointment, and the only nudity to be had was from the killer who loves to shed his clothes at any opportunity, leading lady Hayley Mills who sort of fancies the schizo telling him at one point to "put your clothes on for chrissakes where do you think you are?" or something like that, if the film was remade now in place of her saying that there'd be a sudden close up of the girls mouth as she licks her lips. Rubbish! [​IMG]

17. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I have ni idea what Twisted NErve is, other then the score. Is it DePalma? Why am I thinking that??
    and my comments for 2001 would be "my dog wont stop barking at the tv." "what's the deal with the black thing?" "SORRY! passed out." "Who put on "lazer floyd?" XD
    The HTF is even blacker for me today. is their alternate universe versions or something?

18. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    Twisted Nerve is a 1968 British horror, but compared to other genre flicks released that year e.g. Witchfinder General, Rosemary's Baby and Night of the Living Dead, it was pretty harmless, it wouldn't scare your granny. [​IMG]
    I'm watching Boris Karloff in The Haunted Strangler. Old Boris is possessed by the evil spirit of a serial killer, you can tell when he's gone all evil, his face gets all twisted up...
    [​IMG]

19. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Ahhh, Star Trek animated...what a classic!
    Love your screen grabs steve.
    Paramount takes $150 million to go HD DVD exclusive. And i own a Blu-ray player. I have to say i only own 4 or 5 Blu-ray discs, and that number will not go up much. However, my DVDs look great upconverted by the Blu-ray machine. Good enough for me. Now, do i go ahead and buy Blade Runner for $27, and 5 discs at that! Hell yea! But i might get a DVD version too...just in case. Did i tell you guys i met the 2 guys from 2001, Keir Kullea, and Gray Lockwood? Yea they signed and dated a picture. Met them in June of 2001, cool ayyee?
    Time for bed, gotta work in the morning. See ya when i get home.