What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No one seems to have predicted the digital age of digital watches, tiny mobile phones, widescreen TVs, touchscreen tablets, and especially the all important world wide web. Even Star Wars had chunky keyboard buttons on their computer terminals.

Found this in an antique shop the other day:

full
full
full

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Truth is stranger than fiction. Idaho farm boy Philo Farnsworth really did invent raster scan technology on his farm in Rigby, Idaho. For years inventors had grappled with taking a 1 dimension radio signal and turning it into a 2 dimensional picture. The plowed furrows on Farnsworth's fields inspired him.

b273527f4cec40dd50dd17f7b3ba485c.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Mike, have you seen the film Wild Hogs, starring John Travolta and Tim Allen? I think you might enjoy that.

Batman v Superman arrived from Amazon, one day before release date here in the UK, not bad. Last time I was complaining they were a few days late delivering a blu-ray. This is the 3D and expanded version. £20. Over 3 hours long! [bites fist] I'll probably enjoy it more on TV than I did at the cinema.

More 'Spot the naked girl' for you lucky people!

Somewhere in this movie poster is Caligula's naked sister, can you spot her? Click pic to enlarge.

Caligula.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Saw "Nerve" this weekend. It was pretty fun. The premise is really plausible -- I can just see some online game getting out of hand like that.

I also saw the Korean film "Train to Busan", which is basically "zombies on a train". Lots of fun with good guys, bad guys, child in peril, unattentive father, melodramatic moments, and inconsistent zombie-dom.

Here come the zombies!! (Unfortunately for the characters, they are not "slow zombies"!!)
traintobusan-1024x573.png

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Peg and I watched Here Comes Mr. Jordan and Newsies the other day. And we watched Lilies of the Field a couple days before that.

Lots of plot holes in Mr. Jordan but an enjoyable film!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Slowly working through season one of Mr. Robot. It has been very enjoyable. Episode 4 was probably one of the most deliriously trippy episodes of television that I have seen since episode 3 of season one of Twin Peaks (wherein Agent Cooper encounters the dwarf in the red room.)

- Walter.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Talking about trippy, Sunday was the season finale of "Preacher". I almost passed on the series because it looked a little crazy in the ads. I'm so glad I gave it a chance because it was a fantastic season!! I'm totally unfamiliar with the source comic but found the show violent, humorous, shocking and totally engaging.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
[riverdances into frame] Preacher looks interesting, I will give it a go once I've finished Mr. Robot. The question is does Mr. Robot exist or is he a figment of whatsisname's imagination? I've only seen a handful of episodes so far. I've watched a lot of Grimm gave up on American Horror Story, thinking Zoo might be worth a shot. Zoo, anyone??

Suicide Squad
has been shat on by critics. "Hideous" and "Appalling" are two of the kinder words used to describe it by UK critics. DC comics fans are up in arms, arguing that the new film can't possibly be worse than the last DC movie Batman v Superman, some think it's a conspiracy. David Ayer is a good director maybe this just wasn't his bag? The Joker, the most famous comic book villain of them all isn't in it much, a big strike right there. But it does have Margot Robbie as a sort of female Joker, and that's my excuse to go and see it next week. :)

36CC9D9900000578-3720499-image-a-73_1470167331718.jpg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Harley Quinn seems to be the only reason to see the movie. Based on their advertising campaign anyway. You would of thought Will Smith would of gotten the big push, but nope. his star must of fallen.

I watched movies too!
DEADPOOL: It's okay and fun and not bad but it didn't light my fire in anyway. Some good yuks and not much else. 3/5

Petey Wheatstraw - The Devils Son in Law: Dolemite's follow up to the amazing "Human Hurricane" isn't a Dolemite picture and just isn't as fun despite the better production. Still worth a watch 3/5

Rust Never Sleeps: Neil Young's concert film looking and sounding amazing on blu-ray. A must own if you're a fan. 4.5/5

Breaking The Waves: Another devastating film from Lars Van Triers is probably his most accessible and is the one that broke him into barely being in the mainstream. Which say's a lot about Lars Van Triers considering this film about sexual devotion and miracles can possibly be mainstream. I wonder if he'll ever make a film that's not a nightmare? 4/5

Speedway: Nancy Sinatra joins Elvis in this one. It's not as terrible as his films from this era usually are, but it's still not very good. Bill Bixby gets a big role as Elvis' girl chasing/date raping manager that bilks the Big E out of money due to gambling debts. A pretty real scenario for a dopey Nascar movie. It should be noted: even in movies Nascar racing is hideously boring to watch.

Lucha Underground: Season two wrapped up with an amazing two hour wrestling extravaganza. My favourite show on TV.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Preacher looks interesting

Yeah, it was a pretty fun first season. I posted about it some in the TV thread. Visually strong and unpredictable. The aesthetic of the series is consistent across the first season, so how you feel about episode one will probably inform your reaction to the entire season. I certainly would recommend taking a look at the series.

- Walter.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I will definitely give it a go Walter, thanks. have you seen Zoo?

Russ, I'm disappointed that you were lukewarm on Deadpool, Marvel makes a movie especially for you and you yawned. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.