What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's funny. I actually thought it could have been Rebecca (which I last watched a couple years ago. I remember thinking it was pretty strange at the time)...but then just went with the names of some films with women's names as a joke.

I still...win, don't I??? :unsure:

And what's this nonsense about us not being about just orchestra and balcony??? :eek:

I'm pretty sure Marisa Miller would disagree. I wonder if Parker will see this like a bat signal and show up?? :D

marisa-miller-does-it-again-this-time-with-oil.jpg

Last edited:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Michael Caine just changed his legal name from Maurice Joseph Micklewhite to... Michael Caine.
Cost him a lot. I wish he had changed it to Harry Alfie Palmer, or so.

(Something to do with checks on airports taking too much of his time lately.)

Hey Cees I read that in the paper the other day. The silly twit should have done that ages ago. I wonder if anyone still calls him Maurice?
I can't imagine John Wayne using his real name Marion Michael Morrison on his passport, imagine the looks he'd be getting at airport security. :)

Mike, you're Area 51's expert tits and ass provider [cue Mike wondering if he should be chuffed at this statement) and lovely Marisa our top testy totty. I think she's made more appearances than any other scantily clad lady in these pages.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Steve, not getting your bunched knickers. I was stating the Marissa photo was a return to form.

Lemme try:
The photo was "ace."
The photo was "blinding."
/endkerfuffle

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Apologies Mr. Butler I thought you had taken umbrage at my posting a quiz on the previous page interrupting the flow of Mike's pictorials. I suddenly felt like a stranger in a strange land. I've been misreading your posts for about 15 years now so nothing new there. Might be your laconic writing style. ;)

Amid the doom and gloom of today's news this caught my eye -

A Plane Just Flew Around The World Without A Single Drop Of Fuel

More than a year after it first took to the skies, a solar-powered plane has completed an epic around-the-world journey without burning a single drop of fuel.

The revolutionary, single-seat Solar Impulse 2 touched down Tuesday morning in Abu Dhabi, at the same airport where it embarked back in March 2015. Over the last 16 months, Swiss aviator Bertrand Piccard and fellow pilot Andre Borschberg took turns flying the aircraft nearly 27,000 miles, tallying eight world records along the way

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...d-flight_us_5796aca1e4b01180b530065b?section=.

5796b6941200002a00a535fc.jpeg

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Steve, ain't no thing at all. Since my introduction to the Internet in 95/96 playing Diablo and the days of AOL I have always been a bit dry with delivery. It's all those British comedies I watched growing up. 15 years! Lol wow and amazing how easy it is to follow long time threads like these with today's technology. We will be 70 soon still bantering the same and gawking at pics of Monica Bellucci.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
When watching a play on stage, I'm always the one seeing the foot of a stagehand (yes, a hand does have a foot) if it's inadvertently visible for a single second or so. Or a rope, or whatever.

So, of course, I immediately noticed the little problem in that last picture of Marisa.
But I basically blame the photographer, who in my opinion should never have allowed it to be published and instead let her tuck it away before shooting a more appropriate take.

(I will say no more about it for reasons of decency and modesty.)

Cees

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have gone back and "fixed" things with a wider shot from the same event. I hadn't noticed when I posted.

It was a photo taken during a fashion show, Cees...so no such situation as something a portrait photog might've been able to discreetly handle.

I got her back... :D

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That replacement is also an interesting pic, Mike. Another girl seemingly trying to walk through a wall.

Cees

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
psst [looks around whispers] I slipped out to the cinema last night yeah yeah sshhh! someone's coming...

Mild spoilers ahoy -

I saw Star Trek Beyond, the third in the rebooted Trek series. The usual shenanigans, strange planets, weird aliens, Kirk, Spock, McCoy bickering and the Enterprise destroyed yet again!! It was nearly demolished in the last one for Christou's sake! This happens at the beginning so most of the film takes place on an unknown? planet.

Full of action and adventure, excitement and humor, everything you'd want from a Star Trek movie. The special effects are superb, visually impressive was the massive spaceport Yorktown. Idris Elba is the villain this time round, under all that alien make-up you can't really tell it's him until near the end of the film. I liked the alien girl played by Sofia Boutella, I hope we see her again in future installments. Boutella played the girl with the lethal legs in Kingsman.

William Shatner does make an appearance in the film - yay! But only in a photo featuring the original crew. The film is dedicated to Leonard Nimoy and Anton Yelchin.

I had a great time watching Beyond (in 2D) and hope it makes enough money to keep this franchise going.

I give this 4 stars out of 5.

My favorite of the three? hmmm call me weird but I really liked the 2nd one Into Darkness. I thought Benedict Cumberbatch was a great villain, more so than Idris in this film.

Star Trek Beyond.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I saw The Hunt for Wilderpeople this weekend. It's by the writer/director of What We Do in the Shadows. It was quite a humorous and charming film. I'm thinking of seeing Train to Busan this coming weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.