What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The "nation" being born in Birth of a Nation IS the KKK...... It's all about the heroic Klansmen rescuing White Women from the evil clutches of the nasty black men.

As much as they love remakes, I'll bet Hollywood won't do a remake of Birth of a Nation.

Moat of my family came from the North. My great-grandfather lived much of his life in Virginia, but he was born in Lyme Regis, which I suppose makes him a double-limey.

As for the English Civil War, I'm sure my noble family was on the Cavalier side, against those white-trash Roundheads.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'll vouch for BASEBALL being really good. The Ken Burns documentary. I hate the sport. that's how good the documentary is. JAZZ was really good too.

Best thing about the civil war is this :

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
And the black men were mostly white actors in black make up. I remember showing the film to my young nephew and his jaw dropped at the scene of Klansmen riding heroically to the rescue. It was pretty surreal. Nation was the most watched movie ever until Gone With the Wind came along and might still be number one if more accurate records existed.

Yeah I might make it a double bill, Birth of a Nation and Song of the South. Zipadeedoodah!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Steve Christou said:
Yeah I might make it a double bill, Birth of a Nation and Song of the South. Zipadeedoodah!
Might as well add in Coonskin by Bakshi and make it a marathon!

Miss-America-gets-out-the-brass-knuckles.jpg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Really? I just have a DVD. I love the movie, it's great. NO SHAME HERE STEEEEEVE! Testy is SHAME FREE! Save your shame for Star War Trek threads!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I've liked just about everything that Burns has produced, but I think Baseball just might be my favorite documentary series by him, and I'm just a casual fan of the game. I think the way it conveyed the passage of time and its coverage of a much larger period (vs. the Civil War) is what captured my interest. Having typed that I'm reminded of the quote from Field of Dreams

Terence Mann: "The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time."

- Walter.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Whoa that outfit almost looks painted on. No idea who she is.

I did find some pics of Scarlett for Testy's anniversary week.

scarlett-johansson.jpg

I think all the Avengers have had the ice bucket challenge except Scarlett, I think she's pregnant. Will Black Widow be a CG special effect in Avengers 2? I hope not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.