What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
[clop clop] ARTHUR: Whoa there! [clop clop] GUARD #1: Halt! Who goes there? ARTHUR: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot. King of the Britons, defeator of the Saxons, sovereign of all England! GUARD #1: Pull the other one! ARTHUR: I am. And this my trusty servant Patsy. We have ridden the length and breadth of the land in search of knights who will join me in my court of Camelot. I must speak with your lord and master. GUARD #1: What, ridden on a horse? ARTHUR: Yes! GUARD #1: You're using coconuts! ARTHUR: What? GUARD #1: You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together. ARTHUR: So? We have ridden since the snows of winter covered this land, through the kingdom of Mercea, through-- GUARD #1: Where'd you get the coconut? ARTHUR: We found them. GUARD #1: Found them? In Mercea? The coconut's tropical! ARTHUR: What do you mean? GUARD #1: Well, this is a temperate zone. ARTHUR: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plumber may seek warmer climes in winter yet these are not strangers to our land. GUARD #1: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate? ARTHUR: Not at all, they could be carried. GUARD #1: What -- a swallow carrying a coconut? ARTHUR: It could grip it by the husk! GUARD #1: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a 1 pound coconut. ARTHUR: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here. GUARD #1: Listen, in order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings 43 times every second, right? ARTHUR: Please! GUARD #1: Am I right? ARTHUR: I'm not interested! GUARD #2: It could be carried by an African swallow! GUARD #1: Oh, yeah, an African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow, that's my point. GUARD #2: Oh, yeah, I agree with that... ARTHUR: Will you ask your master if he wants to join my court at Camelot?! GUARD #1: But then of course African swallows are not migratory. GUARD #2: Oh, yeah... GUARD #1: So they couldn't bring a coconut back anyway... [clop clop] GUARD #2: Wait a minute -- supposing two swallows carried it together? GUARD #1: No, they'd have to have it on a line. GUARD #2: Well, simple! They'd just use a standard creeper! GUARD #1: What, held under the dorsal guiding feathers? GUARD #2: Well, why not?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Any now another completly indifferent difference.

[clop clop] ARTHUR: Old woman! DENNIS: Man! ARTHUR: Old Man, sorry. What knight live in that castle over there? DENNIS: I'm thirty seven. ARTHUR: What? DENNIS: I'm thirty seven -- I'm not old! ARTHUR: Well, I can't just call you `Man'. DENNIS: Well, you could say `Dennis'. ARTHUR: Well, I didn't know you were called `Dennis.' DENNIS: Well, you didn't bother to find out, did you? ARTHUR: I did say sorry about the `old woman,' but from the behind you looked-- DENNIS: What I object to is you automatically treat me like an inferior! ARTHUR: Well, I AM king... DENNIS: Oh king, eh, very nice. An' how'd you get that, eh? By exploitin' the workers -- by 'angin' on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic an' social differences in our society! If there's ever going to be any progress-- WOMAN: Dennis, there's some lovely filth down here. Oh -- how d'you do? ARTHUR: How do you do, good lady. I am Arthur, King of the Britons. Who's castle is that? WOMAN: King of the who? ARTHUR: The Britons. WOMAN: Who are the Britons? ARTHUR: Well, we all are. we're all Britons and I am your king. WOMAN: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective. DENNIS: You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes-- WOMAN: Oh there you go, bringing class into it again. DENNIS: That's what it's all about if only people would-- ARTHUR: Please, please good people. I am in haste. Who lives in that castle? WOMAN: No one live there. ARTHUR: Then who is your lord? WOMAN: We don't have a lord. ARTHUR: What? DENNIS: I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. ARTHUR: Yes. DENNIS: But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting. ARTHUR: Yes, I see. DENNIS: By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,-- ARTHUR: Be quiet! DENNIS: --but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more-- ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet! WOMAN: Order, eh -- who does he think he is? ARTHUR: I am your king! WOMAN: Well, I didn't vote for you. ARTHUR: You don't vote for kings. WOMAN: Well, 'ow did you become king then? ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake, [angels sing] her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. [singing stops] That is why I am your king! DENNIS: Listen -- strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. ARTHUR: Be quiet! DENNIS: Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you! ARTHUR: Shut up! DENNIS: I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an empereror just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away! ARTHUR: Shut up! Will you shut up! DENNIS: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system. ARTHUR: Shut up! DENNIS: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! HELP! HELP! I'm being repressed! ARTHUR: Bloody peasant! DENNIS: Oh, what a give away. Did you here that, did you here that, eh? That's what I'm on about -- did you see him repressing me, you saw it didn't you?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ulllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

theproducers_292151.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Saw Locke this weekend starring Tom Hardy. Wondeful acting showcase for him, but it's rather misleadingly marketed as a "thriller". Interesting drama but not quite what I was expecting, I guess.

Saw Godzilla and thought it was pretty good. Didn't realize certain actors' roles were so small and the the film rested on the uncharismatic Aaron Taylor-Johnson's shoulders. (Well, he sure has more screen time than the big G.) During the part in Japan, when they had warning announcements, I was hearing the part from Blue Oyster Cult's song in my head. I heard our audience snicker during the Honolulu airport monorail sequence -- yeah, I don't think we have a monorail. I understand about making the viewer wait, but it could have used a little more monster mayhem.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I didn't like Godzilla much at all.

The entire Bryan Cranston storyline was superfluous, I thought, to the movie. It seemed to be a long movie without enough of a payoff. I might've been somewhat influenced by the guy behind me who snored (loudly) through the first two acts.

Vera-Miles-Feet-335400.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yeah I've decided to pass on seeing Godzilla on the big screen, I'll blind buy it on blu-ray in a few months time. For once I wish Michael Bay was directing instead of Gareth 'less is less' Edwards.

I will definitely see X-Men V (or VII if you count the Wolverine films) next week, and maybe Tom Cruise's latest Edge of Tomorrow a week later, depending on what the critics say about it. I liked what I saw in the trailer, a sort of Starship Troopers meets Groundhog Day, with a dash of Source Code.

Perkins and Hepburn.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'll be seeing The Edge of Tomorrow. The look of certain things about it reminds me a lot of Starship Troopers, though. I really think Tom Cruise consistently chooses interesting films.

This weekend, I may be seeing Chef.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
THAT...was absolutely amazing.

I mean...amazing.

BTW, I'm trying to get my son to name his new puppy Parker Clack (my kids have always liked your name ever since the first time I mentioned it at home). But I don't think he's going to go for it. [Incidentally, we strongly considered Parker when we were naming my son...but settled on Andy.]

Here's the pup. He'll be picking it up in a couple weeks:

gallery_286742_34_210201.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.