What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
[swims into frame] We've had hurricane winds and floods here in England, it was all foretold in the book of Revelation! [wobbles out of frame]

1968 django prepare.jpg

1970 el condor.jpg

http://100yearsofmovieposters.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/italian-westerns.html

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Steve, awesome that you posted these. Just viewed My Name is Nobody and was blown away how great it was. As a huge Sergio Leone fan, it was a treat to see all the references to more "serious" works. Shows leone had a sense of humor

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Zen, My Name is Nobody is one of my favorites. I think I bought the soundtrack too. There was a time I was buying a bunch of soundtrack LPs and later CDs, every month, especially in the 80's and 90's. But these days I rarely pick one up. After the death of Jerry Goldsmith 10 years ago I don't even check to see who the composer is anymore.

Was happy to see Gravity win a bunch of awards at last nights BAFTA awards, including Best Director and Best British Film, but 12 Years a Slave won Best Film, anyone seen this one? It looks like the film to beat at the Oscars.

gravity_3d_15021301_st_16_s-high.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Yes, I saw 12 Years a Slave. (In fact, I've seen all 9 of the Best Picture noms as well as every nominated performance except Meryl Streep in Osage.) For some reason, I wasn't that impressed with "Slave". It did not emotionally move me as much as it should have. Maybe it was just my mood that day. On the other hand, Philomena exceeded my expectations, and I didn't expect it to be so humorous.

I recorded and am almost finished with watching the BAFTAs.

I saw Robocop last weekend. I'm not familiar with Joel Kinnaman, but I thought he did quite well in the role. Although it felt very tame compared to what I remember of the original, it was pretty good.

Finally got to see Lifeboat the other day. Really enjoyed it!

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Nice to see you Mike! Elizabeth, Joel Kinneman was on a show called The Killing. A fantastic show available on netflix. He was the reason I watched it. season 1 and 2 are great!

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Hope you are feeling better, Mike!!

Zen, I have "The Killing" recorded somewhere on one of my recorders but have not had the chance to see it yet. (As can be said for way too many shows!!)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I've been too bummed out to post while Mike was on the DL....

That's baseball talk for disabled list.

Normally I'd be here talking about my new toy. I'm waiting for Zen to tell me I'm nuts to buy one.....

12604523133_664c6e2d2e_c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.