What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Star Twerking. That was great Mike, sent the link off to some friends, cheers.

Khaaaaaan! Bought Star Trek Into Darkness 3D on monday. Watched it in 2D at the cinema, will watch it in 3D for the first time at the weekend.

Iron Man 3D next monday.

Predator has been converted to 3D I wonder if they remastered it or will it be the same grain-free waxy faces print?

I have collected 88 movies in 3D since September last year, haven't watched them all.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
People are really clever with those videos!

I went to 3 movies (so far) this weekend. I saw Instructions Not Included yesterday. It's a Mexican comedy about a guy who basically gets a baby left with him from an ex. It was OK and I must say I didn't see that ending coming.

I also saw Short Term 12, which was very good. It's about a temporary "home" for juveniles until they are able to return home or go elsewhere. Surprisingly, both Brie Larson and Kaitlyn Dever also appeared in the other film I saw today, The Spectacular Now. I think the raves for Now may have raised my expectations -- it wasn't that special to me. There's a point where the story could have gone in a different direction, which would have given it more impact.

I may save Riddick for next week unless I feel like going tomorrow.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I did see Riddick yesterday. You know, I enjoyed it much more than I expected. Yes, some of it is cheesy, but Riddick is such a cool character. It's been a long time since I saw the first 2, but I remember liking Pitch Black a lot and Chronicles not so much.

Watched Gregg Araki's Kaboom last night. It was kind of quirky and wacky, but I liked it! Very abrupt ending, though. Very different from his excellent Mysterious Skin.

I was surprised Instructions Not Included was #3 at the box office this weekend. I didn't realize it had such a wide release.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Autumn has arrived. I'm prepared this year with a new (used) top. Such luxury - it has a real glass rear window with a defroster built in. Bought it for $75 used from a member at the Miata forum.

9648850000_cbedb072d5_c.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Very nice, Dennis!!

I saw Prisoners this weekend. Oh boy. . .while it kept my attention, I really don't think the story holds together to my satisfaction. Maybe I'm overthinking things. . . While the performances were good, I don't think we're going to see any noms because of the picture as a whole. Sorry, Hugh.

(And the movie is missing my favorite line from the trailers/ads!! Hate when that happens.)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I like how he caught the eagle in that first photo.....
Galena Pass is at 8,900 feet so it still qualifies as pretty high up.

Clint Eastwood's Pale Rider was filmed around there.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Moe Dickstein said:
I miss snow. Stupid LA
People ALWAYS miss snow...until they have to deal with it again!

Here in the Northeast, everyone LOVES the first snow...but not the second snow. And then we HATE the third snow and all the other snow thereafter...until the next winter.

Rinse. Repeat.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I loved snow when I was ten. Not now though. Thats one reason for our move to Fla from Philly this summer.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Mike Frezon said:
People ALWAYS miss snow...until they have to deal with it again! Here in the Northeast, everyone LOVES the first snow...but not the second snow. And then we HATE the third snow and all the other snow thereafter...until the next winter. Rinse. Repeat.
Nope, I am genuine, I love every snow, I loved walking to the train in it when I lived in Chicago, I love driving in it, I love shoveling it, I love looking out the window at it, I love everything about it. I love when it's 25 degrees out, I love the cold and I hate summer and I hate hot weather. I used to have a convertible in Illinois and I'd have the top down in December and be wrapped in a blanket and I loved it.I am not a snow dilletant.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Blech, don't even talk to me about the snow! We should be getting it any week now. I never liked the snow or the cold. It's the worst! And the near constant dark where I am. Phooey to snow!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Moe Dickstein said:
Edmonton sounds ideal. Lots of snow and night. I hate sun and heat and daylight.I only moved here for the work...
The near constant -20C- -30C windchills dampen your spirits after awhile. It's like living on the moon!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.