What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Yeah...two things give it away: the short distance from front door edge to wheel well, and that body seam around where the top folds down.

26-saab-9-3-aero-convertible3.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
On higher ground...thank you very much. :biggrin:

But as an aside, we had a "microburst" (new meteorological term to me) on Monday which ravaged my parents' neighborhood just a couple miles away from where I live.

Lots of really severe weather here lately.

6-26-13 - Branches Broken.jpg
6-26-13 - Debris #1.jpg
6-26-13 - Branches and Power Lines.jpg
IMG_4057.jpg
Tree Down.jpeg

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Walter got it! It's a 2008 Saab 9-3 turbo convertible. Got an amazing deal for it due to people getting rid of Saabs after GM getting rid of the brand. Only 33k miles and $15k. My Prius was totaled in a wreck so it wasn't too far from an even swap. It's my 4th Saab and I missed the brand and having a drop top. 08 was the first year for this body style, I'll do some good pics up on Mulholland soon.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
And Hummer and Maybach lolSaab is still in production under new Chinese owners, NEVS or National Electric Vehicle Sweden. The plan is to do electric cars in the 9-3 body. Hope it succeeds. I'd love an electric Saab.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Saw White House Down this weekend. It was very cliched, but enjoyable enough. I hadn't seen the Olympus film.

Might see What Maisie Knew this weekend. Or The East. (This theater has become the Alexander Skarsgard theater, with Disconnect there a couple of months ago.)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hello Cees! Good to see you're still around. I should talk, I'm never around. 12 years ago I was bragging that I was posting in 20 different threads in one night, my how things have changed.
I was watching Olivier's Richard III a couple of weeks ago, beautifully remastered on blu-ray, and I remembered our "Sun of York" chat from years ago right here in this ancient thread... *sniff* memories. (or was that "Son of York"?) ;)

Bought Cloud Atlas on blu-ray yesterday, a strange film, the extras should be fascinating.

Also bought a book Russell might be interested in, Unfiltered - The Complete Ralph Bakshi, £10 from a west end bookshop. It's £50 at Amazon. The internet isn't always cheaper!

Clip_362.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Steve Christou said:
I was watching Olivier's Richard III a couple of weeks ago, beautifully remastered on blu-ray, and I remembered our "Sun of York" chat from years ago right here in this ancient thread... *sniff* memories. (or was that "Son of York"?) ;)
Memories.....may be beautiful and yet...

A veritable "Who's Who" of Testy history: ChristopherDAC, Haggai, Nils Luehrmann...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.