Testy Area 51

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Steve Christou, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Fun With Math
    HTF Fun Math copy.jpg
    As of the moment of this posting...

HTF Testy Numbers.jpg

2806226 Views/28,061 Posts = 100.00449 views per post.

Weird symmetry.

Coincidence? I think not.

HTF Coincidence.jpg

2. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Thats astonishing Mike, how do you notice these things? :)

movies_star-trek-into-darkness.jpg

Star Trek XII is looking good, my next trip to the cinema.

3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I saw that image fly by me last night when the trailer screened on my TV. It certainly got my attention.

I'll be taking my 81-year old father to the theater to see Star Trek Into Darkness. He's a trekkie, for sure. It's about the only time I ever get him to the theater. Although I did get him to the theater to see Peter Jackson's King Kong. I'm always letting him borrow from my "library" of discs. :D But this will be an event.

4. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    Alrighty, then, I might go to see Iron Man Three just for Guy Pearce. While I liked the first 2, I don't know why I have no strong desire to see this one. I actually think the big summer movie that interests me most is World War Z, as I read and enjoyed the book. The scene in the trailer where the zombies are all climbing on top of each other is freaky.

5. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    I think you'll enjoy it Elizabeth and um Guy Pearce takes his shirt off... [cue Liz checking for bookings]
    I'm looking forward to WWZ too. Haven't read the book but the trailer looked dead good.

Mike, my old man is a Trekkie too, he's 75, I can't remember the last time he went to the cinema, was it Jaws? Might have been Star Trek the Motionless Picture.
    I wonder if I can tempt him to see the new film, problem is he hates 3D. :3dglasses:

6. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I don't think my dad would want 3-D either. Will they have 2-D showings? Hope so.

7. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    There should be plenty of 2D showings though I've noticed if you wait a couple of weeks before going there are only 3D showings left. I wonder if they do that on purpose. :)
    Bought Life of Pi on blu-ray, 3D edition, haven't watched it yet. Supposed to be really good. I have 70 films on 3D blu-ray now, and there isn't that many left to collect.

8. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I watched Life of Pi a week ago (in 2-D). I wasn't sure I'd like it. Ended up loving it.

Watched Silver Linings Playbook last night. Loved that, too.

For more comprehensive, in-depth reviews by Mike Frezon, go to....www....

9. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    Watched The Paperboy a few days ago - the only film where you'll see Nicole Kidman peeing on Zac Efron, Matthew McConaughey tied up naked, beaten up and sodomised by some black guys, and John Cusack, of all people, as a sweaty sex mad killer! Maybe worth a look but I can't recommend buying it. :3dglasses:

10. Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein Filmmaker

T R Wilkinson
    Ahh The Paperboy. You had me at peeing on Zac Efron...

11. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Oh yeah, Ironing Man Tree is out this weekend! I'm going to try to go next week for a good old fashioned 2D viewing. I have no idea what the film is even all about, I knew I would go so I avoided the trailers. What are they going to show to get me excited, him flying around in the suit doing stuff? please.

I'm in for Star Trek Kidz Too as well. I like the first reboot enough to see this one. No idea what it's about either. They blow up London? Is it old timey London like when they went to the OK Coral in the original series? Well this movie have a chance at being better than that old episode with the Riddler where his face was one half white and one half black and he was on the run because it was opposite to what was normal on the planet so they wanted to put him in a ghetto? Probably not eh?

I'm in for the pee movie. I'll have to track it down. It's by the guy who did Precious so you know it's batshit hilarious bonkers.

It's Free Comic Book day tomorrow so go to your local shop and get a free comic or five!

12. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    What makes it more interesting is that Nicole Kidman has mentioned in interviews that she really was peeing on young Zac in that scene, whoa thats taking method acting to it's limits. I wonder if Zac enjoyed it?

13. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    Saw Iron Man 3 yesterday. It was OK. I would have enjoyed it less if Guy Pearce wasn't in it. Maybe I'm getting tired of comic book movies.

14. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    And here i loved IM3. Course i like Guy Pearce too. I never tire of a GOOD comic book movie. Thor did nothing for me, so i doubt i will see Thor 2. I pretty much hated the last Batman movie. Hell, Batman and Robin was more exciting, and had a better plot!

I will see the new Trek, only because i like Cumberbatch. I read all the spoilers, and its not my Star Trek.

15. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    Guys! You can all rest easy: I finally saw Iron Man 3! It was a bit of a limp dick for me. It wasn't bad, it wasn't memorable, it was just kind of there. Good eye candy that you can pretty much forget about. Their was a couple of miss-steps that didn't help the film, but nothing to pull your hair out over. Everything in it could of been better. The real problem though is after the Avengers, where's Captain America and all them to help out Iron Man when the international terrorist organization is blowing all his shit up? They kind of screwed themselves now that they've Avenger'd themselves. Add in the marketing things that ruin all the expensive films these days and well, you got an servicable but empty film. 3.5/5

Unlike Rick, I loved Thor and look forward to Thor 2. The trailer looked great and truly epic. They should of flopped the releases so we got Thor 2 first since Iron Man 3 was pretty much a christmas movie.

I'll see Star Trek Wars in a couple of weeks I'm sure. I agree with Rick, it's not really STAR TREK Star Trek, but it'll do.

16. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Phew! That's a load off my mind! :D

17. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Owner
    Owner

Dave Upton
    Trying to determine if posting in here is safe. I've heard stories. Will I be trapped or forced into signing an NDA?

18. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    As long as the NDA is signed in blood you should have no problem. :lol:

19. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Owner
    Owner

Dave Upton
    Does it have to be my blood? :)

20. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator