What's new

Testy Area 51 (7 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Parker Clack said:
How did you get the image in your signature? The link I posted for Rick to use didn't work.
If the image was hosted on a site outside of the forum, we'd be okay, Parker. We need it hosted somewhere where it resides with an actual .jpg file extension.

I captured the image to my HDD and tried to upload it into Rick's sig from there, but the software patch allowing images to be uploaded from our systems is being a little buggy. We can upload images from our PCs into posts...but not signatures right now.

We'll get 'er done.

I remember getting schooled in this very thread (about 75 years ago) about the significance of the building in your avatar. :laugh:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
From what I remember I found the image at my old Photobucket account along with hundreds of other signature images I used at the time.. aahhh memories! Anyway I clicked on the IMG code tab on the side of the picture and copied the url with code to my signature and hey presto it worked. I remember there was some code outside the image which I deleted.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Parker:

I'm the farthest thing from an expert on these things, but I believe the issue is the strange way Huddler handled its images. The images would "lose" their file extensions and not be useable in other forums which require normal image extensions.

Steve:

Do you have a URL for the image in your old photobucket account--one which includes a normal file extension at the end (like a .jpg)?

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Mike Frezon said:
If the image was hosted on a site outside of the forum, we'd be okay, Parker. We need it hosted somewhere where it resides with an actual .jpg file extension.

I captured the image to my HDD and tried to upload it into Rick's sig from there, but the software patch allowing images to be uploaded from our systems is being a little buggy. We can upload images from our PCs into posts...but not signatures right now.

We'll get 'er done.

I remember getting schooled in this very thread (about 75 years ago) about the significance of the building in your avatar. :laugh:
I sure do appreciate you guys...it is beyond my simple skills. I think Steve fixed it for me to begin with, and you (Mike) helped me with my DVD Profiler link...which i would also like to keep in place, if possible.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It fought me at every turn...

the-caine-mutiny-bogart.jpg

But I kicked it in the a$$. :biggrin: (With Steve's help by supplying that link). :thumbs-up-smiley:

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Love that movie. The Blu-ray looks great, if you dont have it Mike. Bringing it back to Star Trek have you noticed William Windom has the same nervous hands as Bogart?

doomsdaymachine_225.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Parker Clack said:
Nevermind.
Um, I think you mean, "Never more."

BTW, Parker, I just cleared the report of your report in which you reported yourself for being reported. In other words, your report reported the report for the desired effect. I just thought I'd report that to you.

quoth_the_raven__nevermore_by_allie_kay_hellhound-d388diq.png

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
The past few weeks I've written articles on Clark Gable, Errol Flynn, Tyrone Power, Gary Cooper and Henry Fonda, film by film facts and added some movie posters to make it all look pretty. Currently doing a write up on Robert Taylor, did you know his real name was Spangler Arlngton Brugh? Don't you wish your parents named you Spangler Arlington Brugh?

Robert Taylor 048.jpg

Btw I've noticed there's a limit to how many pictures we can upload from our desktops, 48mb, I don't remember there being a limit on the previous forum. But its okay I'll just have to start using Photobucket again. Its been years since I was regularly using that and all my pictures are still up on there, kudos to that website.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Steve Christou said:
The past few weeks I've written articles on Clark Gable, Errol Flynn, Tyrone Power, Gary Cooper and Henry Fonda, film by film facts and added some movie posters to make it all look pretty. Currently doing a write up on Robert Taylor, did you know his real name was Spangler Arlngton Brugh? Don't you wish your parents named you Spangler Arlington Brugh?
I doubt Benedict Cumberbatch sees a problem with that name.

I sawed Side Effects! The second last Soderberg film! I think Liz saw it a while back. It's good! Check it out! Ummm... yeah. I don't want to say too much since it's best to go in stone cold like I did. So yeah. that's that then. 3.5/5

rooney-mara-premiere-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-06.jpg

Rooney Mara is quite pretty when she's not all Dragon Tattoo-y

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Russ I always get confused is that the girl from the original Dragon Tattoo or the remake? They both have funny names.

Can't wait for the new Star Trek movie, curious to see how effective Cumberbatch is as a bad guy. He was really good as Sherlock Holmes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.