What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've not watched it, I just like calling it "Downtown Abby" to people who love the show.
Argo was alright but meh. Most of the films from last year were "meh". the industry has changed. I think they've announced plans for about 5 Star Wars films now that Disney is involved, with nary a script in site. They still plan to get one in the theaters by 2015. It all sounds bad to me and hard to get excited.
I've still not made it out to see Side Effects or Die Hard Today or whatever it's called.
I have the bluray of The Master winging it's way to me. I hope to get it for the weekend. I'm dying to revisit it. It's tied with Django Unchained as my favourite from last year. I can't wait to watch the bonus doc of John Huston's banned film on shell shocked WWII vets either. I've been itching to see it for ages.
It's funny Mike. I loved Avengers in the theaters, but on revisiting it on blu I though, "huh, it's good I guess." I really enjoyed Skyfall on the second go through. I'm standing by my statement that Daniel Craig and these films are the best Bond movies.
*runs for cover*

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Downtown Abbey? pfft I've been watching The Walking Dead, much more pleasant.
I loved The Avengers, looks great in 3D on my TV. There are a lot more big budget 3D movies out this year, nice. No I haven't gone cross-eyed yet. Give it another year. :)
Check this out - what we Brits think of todays pop brats, Justin Bieber gets a tongue lashing from a photographer after he bumps into him. Listen to the dialogue it's hilarious -
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/03/08/justin-bieber-attacks-photographer-london-hotel_n_2836950.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Oh yeah, Walking Dead is a favourite of mine too Steve, fantastic television there. Someone let me know when zombies appear on Downton Abbie Road. I heard they're going to introduce a black person, so I'm sure zombies are right around the corner!
Poor Bieber. I 'm going with "cocaine" as the cause of his problems.
I sat down and watched The Duelists this weekend. Anyone seen it? It's Ridley Scott's first film. It's basically Barry Lyndon but with constant dueling. No one is a robot (spoiler alert!) I really enjoyed it. It's almost laughable how much of a prick Harvey Keitel is in the film. Actually when you think about it the whole film is a bit ridiculous. Good though. 3.5/5
I also watched The Rules of the Game, the french movie that many people who vote for Sight & Sound magazine consider one of the greatest films ever made. It was good! I didn't think it was great though. Citizen Kane, Vertigo are both way better. Maybe you have to be french? 3/5

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Russell G said:
I sat down and watched The Duelists this weekend. Anyone seen it? It's Ridley Scott's first film. It's basically Barry Lyndon but with constant dueling. No one is a robot (spoiler alert!)  I really enjoyed it. It's almost laughable how much of a prick Harvey Keitel is in the film. Actually when you think about it the whole film is a bit ridiculous. Good though. 3.5/5 I also watched The Rules of the Game, the french movie that many people who vote for Sight & Sound magazine consider one of the greatest films ever made. It was good! I didn't think it was great though. Citizen Kane, Vertigo are both way better. Maybe you have to be french? 3/5
I saw "The Duellists" long ago and liked it a lot. I have the Blu in my pile. I don't remember a thing about "The Rules of the Game" except it didn't impress me much! I have not started "The Walking Dead" but it looks like something I'd really like. I saw "Dead Man Down" this past weekend. Liked it A LOT!!! It's a good blend of drama and action and Colin and Noomi have great chemistry. I've always liked Colin a lot, but I loved him in this. I may have to go back and see "Total Recall" now which I skipped because the trailer just didn't make it look very good.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Mike Frezon said:
I thought maybe the message might've had something to do with the hazards of stuffing an alligator skin with hazardous materials... 
We fired our cannon 'til the barrel melted down So we grabbed an alligator and we fought another round We filled his head with cannon balls, and powdered his behind And when we touched the powder off the gator lost his mind We fired our guns and the British kept a-comin' There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago We fired once more and they begin to runnin' On down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Nope it's real. I first heard it as a found recording on a website. With the whole HAL/IMB thing, Kubrick had to know all about it right?
This one is appropriate for the end of times before the movie since we don't know if this section will survive.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
We ARE already working behind-the-scenes on the move.
So, I just asked Adam Gregorich if he thought Area 51 would survive the move. His response:
It should survive unscathed. IPB is designed for and hosts sites larger than ours, so we should be fine, and testy can look forward to celebrating 30K posts and 3million page views in the near future.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
So, no lights out huh? Just in case...so long and thanks for all the fish! It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Message, Spock? See you guys later, unless of course, i don't!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.