What's new

Testy Area 51 (4 Viewers)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Hey, i am almost at 3,000 posts.
Damn you Zen, now i hear Chaka in my head. As soon as i see the monkey boy i hear the words Sarisa-taka over and over in my head.
Thats Pakuni for Sleestak for you non nerd, nerds.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
RickER said:
Hey, i am almost at 3,000 posts.
Damn you Zen, now i hear Chaka in my head. As soon as i see the monkey boy i hear the words Sarisa-taka over and over in my head.
Thats Pakuni for Sleestak for you non nerd, nerds.
*Has no idea at all what Rick is talking about*
:P

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Chaka? What's the pic in Zen's post from?
Indiana Jones tonight! woohoo. I finally found someone who wants to see it, watch out for my 50 page detailed review later. :P Oh whats the point of reviewing it everyone's seen it except me. :frowning:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
no no, review it and tell us how your childhood was ruine. XD
Liz should go see it this weekend since she's out of movies to watch.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Zen Butler said:
htf_imgcache_31175.gif
Thats Chaka from Land of the Lost. They made up a language for him and his people. His people consisted of 2 others. Anyway, sad to say after a while you knew what the hell he was saying. I love Land of the Lost. Great saturday morning stuff. The first season was written by many sci-fi and Trek writers. Had really bad stop motion animation too...made it all the better!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Steve Christou said:
Chaka? What's the pic in Zen's post from?
Indiana Jones tonight! woohoo. I finally found someone who wants to see it, watch out for my 50 page detailed review later. :P Oh whats the point of reviewing it everyone's seen it except me. :frowning:
I still have not seen it. My best friend went last weekend. He told me everything that was wrong with it. Every bit of what he said, has been said on here. I had told him of a rule in sci-fi, that i cannot remember who said it, but it goes...dont ask people to believe more than one unbelievable thing at a time. People will belive one crazy concept, but when you throw two in, they dont belive any of it.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Thats funny Rick, you know people complain about the sci-fi aspects of the new Indy but what about the religious rubbish of the previous films, why is that more acceptable? It's all fantasy anyway. I accepted James Bond going into space in one entry in the series I think I can take Indy encountering little green men from Mars in this. ;)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
See, for me it was more a case of.. this makes no sense by the way.
I have an easier time swallowing mystic hoodoo from the 40's then aliens in the 50's. I think it's a case of, I don't know much about religion and mystic cults, so I can go "cool!" With the alien things, I've read a bunch of stuff (dads a bit of a conspiracy nut) so when I see it, and recognize what he's refrencing, i think "BULLSHIT!" If they do another sequel where it takes place in the 60's, I'll have an even harder time buying it as it will feel too much like current events. That said, I still liked the movie. Whenever I talk about Indy 4 I sound like I hate it. XD

Elijah

Supporting Actor
Steve Christou said:
Thats funny Rick, you know people complain about the sci-fi aspects of the new Indy but what about the religious rubbish of the previous films, why is that more acceptable? It's all fantasy anyway.
Likely because a good portion of legitimate archeology deals with the discover and recovery of religious artifacts.
That and the fact that in Christian predominated nations a much larger percentage of the audience has some connection with the religious as opposed to aliens.
/2cents

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Well maybe Lucas run out of religious symbols and artifacts, this story was his, right? I think the whole Chariots of the Gods thing is just as interesting as looking for ancient religious artifacts, even if most of the von Daniken stuff has since been debunked.
But if they make another Indy, and this one seems to be a success, what would you have him search for? Noah's Ark? The Tower of Babel? Or he could get into Japanese mysticism. Hey how about Egypt and it's Mummy's? mmm no that's been done. ;)

Elijah

Supporting Actor
But if they make another Indy, and this one seems to be a success, what would you have him search for?
Something time-travel related maybe.
How about a change up and putting him in snowy environment for a bit.
How about discovering dinosaurs or some other type of creature?
They've really got unlimited possibilities, just as long as they dont try and re-create what they had with the previous films.
Regardless what you think about each individual film, one of the contributing factors to the success of the Aliens series (not avp) is that rather than trying to recreate the tone of any previous film, they each try something different. :emoji_thumbsup:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Re: Steve's 4 picture post.
1st picture is obviously the lovely Yvette Mimieux (had to lookup the spelling on IMDB :) ) being menaced by a Morlock from 1960's The Time Machine Since the film was in color, I am assuming that this is part of the promotional material for the film.
2nd picture is our man Bond (Roger Moore stunt double?) jumping across some lethal alligators/crocodiles (don't recall which) in Live and Let Die.
No idea for 3rd and 4th pictures.
- Walter.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Walter, the 3rd was a shot from Airplane, the 4th I have no idea, something I found on the net. :)
Elijah said:
How about discovering dinosaurs or some other type of creature?
Sasquatch? The Yeti? The Mothman? The Beast of Gevaudan? Nessie? ;)
The ultimate Indiana Jones non-religious search and discover in my opinion would be finding the lost city of Atlantis, but I think thats already taken place in a game or comic? But that shouldn't stop them from making an epic film out of it one day.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
See, the way I looked at it, the latest plot makes sense. In the 1930s, the Nazis were the Bad Guys everyone was paranoid about, & mysticism was the big hysteria-item. Remember, that was the height of things like Theosophy & Satanism, & Hitler & Co. did really spend years combing the world for mystical power-objects. In the 1950s, it was the Red Menace & the Little Green Men, so that's what 50s Indy gets balled up in.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
ChristopherDAC said:
See, the way I looked at it, the latest plot makes sense. In the 1930s, the Nazis were the Bad Guys everyone was paranoid about, & mysticism was the big hysteria-item. Remember, that was the height of things like Theosophy & Satanism, & Hitler & Co. did really spend years combing the world for mystical power-objects. In the 1950s, it was the Red Menace & the Little Green Men, so that's what 50s Indy gets balled up in.
Which is fine. You get to Ricks point though... you throw too much in and people go "Oh come on!" If they stuck to the Roswell stuff and crash sites, that would of been good enough. Try to explain it with all that crazy "Chariots Of The Gods" stuff, and well.. COME ON! :P
Course, I guess they need some archeology stuff to make it an Indiana Jones movie...

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
No idea for 3rd and 4th pictures.
The 4th is "Empire Road", an album made in 2005, photographed on Broadway.

I happened to see "Mamma Mia" there (and then).

A few tracks: 'Oh! Darthling!', 'Polythene Man', 'Strike Back!', 'So Be It', 'The Knight Before', "Ebony and Ivory', 'I Just Sensed a Face', 'I'll Be Black' and 'Her Majesty's a Pretty Nice Girl'.

Cees

Elijah

Supporting Actor
The ultimate Indiana Jones non-religious search and discover in my opinion would be finding the lost city of Atlantis, but I think thats already taken place in a game or comic?
That was one of the plotlines (revealed late) in Lupin III: Castle of Cagliostro.
htf_imgcache_31194.jpeg

htf_imgcache_31195.jpeg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Russell G said:
no no, review it and tell us how your childhood was ruine. XD
Liz should go see it this weekend since she's out of movies to watch.
Maybe I should hurry up and watch my Blu-Ray of "Chronicles of Narnia". If I like it, "Prince Caspian" is still around. . .
Oh, I just noticed "O Ano em Que Meus Pais Saíram de Férias" is opening. Maybe. . . (That's "The Year My Parents Went on Vacation" from Brazil.)
I decided to watch "Torchwood" Season One next. That John Barrowman is a bit Tom Cruise-y for me. I only had time for one episode last night. I never watched the new "Doctor Who" (or any), so the Jack Harkness character is new to me.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
My wife LOVES Capt. Jack. Maybe she hopes she can bring'em back. I dunno. I love the new Dr. Who Liz, its one of my top 5 shows. Course i have been a Who fan for about 30 years. Since Tom Baker came this way. Stay away from Sylvester McCoy. EEEshhh!
Here it is guys...post 3000. Maybe i shouldnt post anymore today just so i can look at it. But i wanted post 3000 to be in Testy. Love ya guys. Well, not like Capt Jack love ya, but like internet man friends. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.