What's new

Terra Nova: season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
For this show we lost both Lie To Me and Chicago Code? Both were infinitely better. I'm done with it, it's off my DVR the first casualty of the season, I expect Fox will pull the Plug soon.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
having adjusted my expectations, I'm enjoying more this junior high oriented star trek style adventure show. This latest episode especially felt like the second episode of a new show called "Star Trek: Jurassic"

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I wish they would discuss a little more about the portal. Can they open it whenever they want?....How long can they keep it open?....How big is the opening? Someone earlier brought up the lack of protection from flying dinos. I agree. They should have either underground bunkers or they should build a large building made of concrete (ie-Command center). Something that can protect the residents. Also, I know its not politically correct. But, the colonists should make it there business to kill every hostile dino within a few miles of the base.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I've bailed on the show, based on the belief that the showrunner(s) are unsure about what the central mystery or central purpose of the story is.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa

For this show we lost both Lie To Me and Chicago Code? Both were infinitely better. I'm done with it, it's off my DVR the first casualty of the season, I expect Fox will pull the Plug soon.

I'm OK with Terra Nova, but when you put it that way, I caught up with my DVR'd episodes (the whole series) of The Chicago Code over the summer, and I'd rather have that than Terra Nova.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Dave Scarpa said:
Reminds me of the F/X exec who said, "If I didn't cancel Terriers and Lights Out, I couldn't have brought you American Horror Story." Gee, thanks. I mean, the economics of that make sense, but those shows were both excellent, so don't expect any thanks and high fives from me. Talking of The Chicago Code, "Liam" was just on Castle.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's not a zero sum game, like on cable. "Chicago Code" failed to attract an audience and "Lie to Me" failed to hold onto its audience. Therefore, Fox canceled them. If there had been no "Terra Nova", Fox still would have canceled them. The ratings didn't justify the cost of production. "Terra Nova" is better rated than both of those shows were. It's also considerably more expensive. We'll definitely see the whole first season, since its already in the can. I would guess the numbers will have to improve somewhat for there to be a season two.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Wow, what a crapfest this last episode was. I would have loved to have been in the writers' room when the idea for this absurd episode got pitched.

"I found his boots."

"So he's barefoot?"

"No, his feet were in them."

You can't make this stuff up! (Though I guess someone did...)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Jason O'Mara makes this show. He's acting the hell out of Jim Shannon. Watch the way he observes Taylor's investigation. He's clearly troubled by the tactics and the dictatorial nature of the system. He's terrific with both of the young girls. The blonde Mad Max reject runaway was a terrible little actress, but she lit up when ever she saw him. The girl who plays Zoe, while a better actress, is the same way. Usually soldier-type leading men are cold, distant badasses. Jim's a bad ass, but he's warm and emotionally healthy and a good father. It brings a different element to the table that I'm quite enjoying.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This was echoing in my mind the whole episode :)

Ripley: I dunno how you managed to stay alive, but you're one brave kid, Rebecca. Newt: [whispers] N... Newt... Ripley: What'd you say? Newt: Newt. My name's Newt. Nobody calls me Rebecca, except my brother.

We keep watching it. It's an amusing show, if not great. And it has dinosaurs at times. And the characters are more diverse, more interesting than the Moody Men of Mystery on Person of Interest.

And the courtship of Maddy is entertaining, and somehow manages to not be Wesley-Crusher-Annoying.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
This was echoing in my mind the whole episode :)

Quote: Ripley: I dunno how you managed to stay alive, but you're one brave kid, Rebecca. Newt: [whispers] N... Newt... Ripley: What'd you say? Newt: Newt. My name's Newt. Nobody calls me Rebecca, except my brother.

LOL! That's great! Yes....she did have a major Newt vibe going on.

I actually enjoy the show.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Newt's where I went too. Except Carrie Henn (Newt) was a better actress. Extra credit if you can tell me Newt's given name without looking it up?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
It is a crapfest. The writing reminds me of Braga's work on Voyager. This show is this years "V" or "The Event."

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Mikel_Cooperman said:
It is a crapfest. The writing reminds me of Braga's work on Voyager. This show is this years "V" or "The Event."
I agree 100% on those comments. Don't forget Bionic Woman and Terminator SCC in that list to name a few others. Like I said many times, it is not that shows that are Sci-Fi fail, it is because they have horrid writing, acting, concepts, etc. that ruin what was or could be good about them. Don't even get me started on Braga, that idiot basically killed Star Trek for fans with his writing. Just look at how low the B&B team took that franchise. Sure, there were some really great shows like DS9, but it fell apart very quickly and many of the shows were co-written or done by others that were so good. Terra Nova is just another example of the trash they keep doing and wondering why it does not work or Sci-Fi fans don't like it more. Simple, we have standards and don't want to be insulted by lame concepts, horrid writing and bad acting.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Really?!? I finally thought we get at least some info about the Sixers and their hatred of Taylor. Nope...Jim gets caught and has this conversation with the Sixers leader and we get nothing. ugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks