What's new

"TERMINATOR: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" Season 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
No coincidence. I thought they shifted the whole T1/T2/T3 timeline a number of years before they did the time jump. Then, given that shift, they jumped over the events of T3 and mentioned when the cancer would have taken place had they not time jumped.

Neil

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
All other considerations aside, I thought it was confirmed by the show-runners that they are, for lack of a better term, completely ignoring T3. Not just in terms of the timeline, but anything and everything that occured in the movie.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'd love it if they revealed that Cameron and the T-1001 were from alternate futures, and that the agents their respective Skynets send into the past have different agendas, but I don't know if the writers are comfortable explaining that concept to a mainstream audience. It would be kind of neat if we/they occasionally got status reports of what the future was like, but that sort of fluid future is sometimes tough for hardcore sci-fi fans to get their heads around, much less the audience that mainly wants to see people and humanoid robots kicking the crap out of each other without too much complication.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I can't quite place it. Sarah's ex's new wife.... what else has she been in recently? She looks really familiar and I can't figure out from what.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
She's Penny from Lost. I had to think about it a minute when I was watching. I just knew I got warm feelings from her, and then I flashed Chuck-like on her and saw my bud Desmond and knew who she was.

John Kilroy

Stunt Coordinator
Did anybody else see this broadcast in a black letterbox on all four sides? It was still approximately 16x9 format, but it had a big annoying border all the way around it. Really bad idea. Anybody know anything about it?

For reference, I am watching on Directv with a Pioneer Kuro plasma.

JK

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Fox is airing the show 16x9 on its standard definition feed as well as its HD feed. For whatever reason, DirectTV must have run the SD feed (4x3 picture with hard mattes at the top and bottom) instead of the HD feed.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor

She was also the female FBI agent who was decapitated by terrorists) and was the wife in the old HBO show Mind of the married man ( I believe).

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Iover analyze everything and I am telling you that most of you guys think way too much about this stuff.

It is TV, just sit back and enjoy! Let it be the semi mindless entertainment that it is supposed to and not worry about if it was a t-800, t1001, sent back in time or whatever.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

Indeed Mike. The fact is that the first film is the only one that will hold up to the worlds own logic and the inherent problems of "timetravel." So you either allow the subsequent movies/series to have a certain laps, or you don't get to go for the ride.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I think you may be watching too much TV Greg. Wait a minute...I knew exactly what you were talking about.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

This weeks episode was pretty low key, but I didn't mind it. It feels like they are building up to something.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
After tonight's episode (the episode with the always-on-tv pier), I understand why Riley is on the show. She's the answer to the studio's request for bigger boobs!

It was an ok episode, but it seems like they're holding back on the drama a bit much. Next week's episode, judging by the previews, is an essential story. But this week's was not. All they did this week was throw away a cast member. I think the show has some problems, though of course by now they've probably adjusted them and we'll see the improvements a few more episodes in.

Losing interest, but still watching.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
The one issue I have... she's pregnant? Um, she looks totally different in most of the show than the one scene where they showed she was pregnant. Unless I'm entirely confused and that was someone else.

If she is, her clothes do a great job of hiding things lol.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
You're entirely confused. The pregnant woman is the neigbhor/super for the absentee landlord. Riley is the high school girl. They look similiar, but are two seperate people.

I really enjoyed this episode (even if it got obliterated by the two hour "Heroes" premiere..) Cromartie's plan was actually really clever by the show's standard.

And I agree with Will, next week's episode looks essential. It could also help explain the main criticism of the power plant episode.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Ohhhhh okay thanks for explaining. I thought there was something I missed, that makes so much more sense lol.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had to laugh when the terminator sank to the bottom of the sea. Doh!

Is Busy Philips really that pregnant, or is she wearing a huge prostetic belly?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks