What's new

TERMINATOR & PREDATOR fans, check these babies out... (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
The Predator ones look freaking amazing! I don't purchase or collect things of this nature, but those are awesome!

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
You can't quite see it in the pics, but the T-1000 figure that is "normal" -- i.e. in blue police clothes -- actually has a faint dusting of sparkly paint mixed in. It's a great touch.

I was disappointed to see that NECA (the toy company making these) has no plans to make Sarah Connor this year -- in either her film or tv version, waitress or buff version.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
A Sarah figure would be great, on the Predator side I'd actually like to see a Mike Harrigan figure eventually as well as a diorama of the Predator trophy room from P2. On the Terminator side, as much as I love Arnold in T2 when is someone going to make a figure of him as he appeared in T1 with the army jacket, riot gloves and spikes?

There are some things that have me disappointed in these figures, though, one is they'll only be 8" tall, those figures would rock at 12"!

Another is that there will be a few variants that you'll have to buy if you want the Preds with or without helmet, open or closed mandibles etc.

Lastly is the netting on the Preds, in those pics they're clearly real but I'll bet anything the netting will be sculpted on the final figure.

But other than that this will be the best Predator you'll be able to buy outside of the out of print Stan Winston maquette.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I have the :Cyberdyne Showdown" Terminator, which was part of last year's wave of Arnie figures, and it's great. I also got a battle damaged T-800 Exoskeleton, which is pretty good. The Cyberdyne Showdown figure (pic below) came with the big gun that he used to make the police cars back off. Or explode as the case may have been. Might still be available in online stores, not sure. They sold rather well and may be sold out. But it appears that they're going to release a couple very similar figures of Arnie for latecomers.

https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/c/c9/avatar-60-4.jpg[/img]] [/img]

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I have that figure also and it is a great figure, I also just ordered the two new 12" Arnold's, the Pescadero Escape and Final Showdown versions.

I still have the 18" Endoskeleton from NECA that I keep meaning to chrome but can never seem to get around to it.

Really looking forward to those T-1000's as there hasn't really been any that impressed me until now and none that have been in his liquid metal form that I know of. I personally think the one by Sideshow sucks, not a big fan of real cloth on figures, it never scales right and makes the figures appear too doll-ish if I may use that term lol.

Plus it doesn't really resemble Robert Patrick all that much anyway.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=71431FLEX&utm_source=search0109
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=6347&utm_source=search0109

hit the "gallery" links in the middle of the page...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yep, I've seen those before and I end up drooling all over my keyboard every time lol.

I'd give my right arm for that sold out maquette!

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I got my 12" 'Pescadero Escape' Terminator today, they absolutely nailed Arnold's likeness, these pics don't really do it justice because of the flash exposure on the face but in person it's down right eerie...

The most inaccurate thing about this figure is it's name, 'Pescadero Escape' isn't really accurate, this figure actually represents Arnold as he looked during his encounter with the T-1000 at the mall and should have been called 'Galleria Showdown' instead.

Now just for fun, I found this bad boy at a local comic book shop on Saturday, they were blowin' it out for $25.00! It's NECA's HUGE 18" (even though it's actually over 20") Classic Alien, the attention to detail on this thing is insane...

https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/b/b9/avatar-60-1.jpg[/img]] [/img]

https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/6/6d/avatar-60-11.jpg[/img]] [/img]

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's an amazing figure, definitely my favorite of the Terminator's that I personally own.

Now, if NECA could only release a 12" T-1000 now that would rock! I'd get two, one to keep as it is and one to chrome plate.

I know, I know, I'm just a big kid hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks