What's new

Terminator 4 (1 Viewer)

Carl_G

Stunt Coordinator
Their only hope is to really throw out all the previous rules and tear it up. Go crazy with the time travel and completely reverse everything. Do SOMETHING different that will make us care about this movie!

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Well I guess I am one of the few people that loved T3. I thought the whole flow of the movie was good and I felt like it told the story well. The end of the movie was fantastic and I can now wait for the next installment. I personally think they need at least 2 more movies to tell the story completely.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Two focus points, one the aftermath outside when the nuclear warheads are reaching there targets, the destruction of landmarks etc... Second, the creation and building of the resistance and the Terminators. Those two points alone is worth a movie.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Not that is means anything to T4 but Arnolds last line to John in T3 was

"We will meet again"

Andy

James@R

Second Unit
They already did that in the videogame version and it was lame anyway. As far as I'm concerned, his final line in T3 could be referring to T2. Or it could just remain offscreen.

They should turn the series on its head, not limit themselves to things that previous entries have already explained. If Arnold were to ever return, they should let him play his original, evil terminator from T1. Think up some clever way to bring him back in a time paradox, but have him age as if he has been around since 1984.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit

That was not the same terminator as the terminator in T3.

I'm sure if they show the terminator killing John, they won't use the videogame version.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

Heh, maybe they'll do that, AND have the T2/T3 T-800. It will be the ultimate Vs. movie: Arnold vs. Arnold.

Actually, now that I think of it, if this installment warranted any time-travel, that might not be too bad an idea.

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
UGH!! NO!! Personally, I think that McT hasn't done a good film since Die Hard (I just can't dig Red October for various reasons). I think Ridley Scott should do this one, he has that knack for grit this film would need.

Also, anyone think a cameo at the very end featuring Arnie as an unprogrammed terminator discovered by Connor or his wife, before it was sent back to '84, would be too outrageous to include? I don't. I think if Arnie filmed the scene for free he could get around the "conflict of interest" rule or whatever would prevent him from doing the scene while he's gov.

James@R

Second Unit

Personally, I think people want to have way too much spelled out for them these days. For example, look at the Clone Wars. They were much cooler as just a mysterious, throwaway line in the original Star Wars.

James@R

Second Unit

It is. (Here's the giveaway: It's on a message board.)

But it's one I think most would tend to agree with- provided it was presented more objectively. In other words, leaving things to the imagination is often more effective than simply being told what to think.

CoreyII

Second Unit
Many of you may not think Arnold is needed for T-4, but do you honestly think the studio heads are going to try and sell a Terminator film without him. Afterall they already lost Linda Hamilton.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
^^There's something seriously wrong with that T-800, I hope that Skynet kept the reciept.

The Arnold we knew is most definitely no more. :frowning::frowning:

I never said that the studio's would allow an Arnold-less Terminator film, of course they wouldn't, I just said that as far as this story line goes, he might not be necessary.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't he more or less in around the same flabby shape before T3 started filming and he bulked up using a strict diet and exercise routine? I thought I remember him talking about how he bulked up past his T2 jacket. He may look flabby now but there's nothing he can't shed if the part requires it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yes, he did get himself back to his T2 weight and relative shape for T3, however there comes a point where time takes it's toll on the body and he may not be able to pull that off again, at least not convincingly enough to play the Terminator again. Also, it's not just his body, his face is also starting to sag and change.

There's always CGI enhancment I guess, if they can make me believe i'm watching a 25' Gorilla, i'm sure they could help Arnold out a little.

I guess it's time to face it, the unstoppable Arnold Shcwarzenegger that we all grew up with in kick-ass action films is getting old. :frowning:

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
That was a pre T-3 picture, I believe less than a year after the surgery for that heart valve (I think). Going off memory here, which is probably better than yours. j/k :)

Doug

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
We need to accept some of the facts of life. And know when to abstain.

No Terminator movie without Arnie.
No Back to the Future movie without Michael J. Fox.
No Star Wars movie without George Lucas.
No Indiana Jones movie without Harrison Ford.
No James Bond movie without Sean Connery.

Period.

Right?

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks