What's new

Terminator 3: What's the current scoop? (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I haven't heard anything else on this. Personally, I think they should forget about it. I mean, where else can they go with it?
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Terminator 3 is supposed to come out in the summer of 2002. At first, Wesley Snipes was going to be the next Terminator, but Arnold signed on again (thank the maker). Cameron will be directing and Edward Furlong will be in it as well. That's all I know.
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Cameron will be directing
????
I had heard he absolutely refused. Originally Ridley Scott was said to be directing, now I've heard Jonathan Mostow wo did U-571 will be at the helm.
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Brad_W

Screenwriter
QUOTE:
I had heard he absolutely refused.
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What a joke! 'T3', give me a break! Man I REALLY hope this ridiculous project never happens!
I love the first two films BTW.
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

DanR

Supporting Actor
I'm pretty sure Mostow is re-working the script himself.
Rumor, a month or so ago, was that Edward Furlong had bowed out of the project, so maybe that's what the delay/rewrite is for. Either way, I doubt this will make it for next summer. 2003 is more likely.
As an aside, I think the "glory days" of terrorist movies are over. Action fans are going to have to rely on Science Fiction and Fantasy movies for our action. In other words, I think movies like T3 are going to be in vogue for a while, Cameron or not. Bruce Willis just turned down Die Hard 4. I wonder what this does regarding Cameron and True Lies II?
Regards,
Dan

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Dan wrote:
As an aside, I think the "glory days" of terrorist movies are over. Action fans are going to have to rely on Science Fiction and Fantasy movies for our action. In other words, I think movies like T3 are going to be in vogue for a while, Cameron or not. Bruce Willis just turned down Die Hard 4. I wonder what this does regarding Cameron and True Lies II?
I think I may have to agree with Dan here. It's unfortunate that Hollywood has to be filled with a bunch of uptight pansy squares that are afraid of offending someone!! I really wish people in the entertainment industry would just loosen up and stop being so damned close-minded about non-PC stuff. I love action films like Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, and True Lies (and I have no problem watching them in light of recent events -- despite being emotionally affected by them). If Hollywood really believes that people are so incredibly naive and ignorant as to not be able to tell the difference between reality and fiction, then we're all lost.
------------------
- Brian
My DVD Collection
Want Sliders on DVD? Then please SIGN the petition!

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
I think that they should set T3 solely in the alternate future and depict the war between the humans and machine, culmulating with the destruction of SkyNet and the sending back of the Terminators and protectors for the previous two movies. A "futuristic" prequel, of sorts.
But another movie set in the present, though, would probably be a complete waste of time and an unworthy follow-up to two of the best Sci-Fi/Action movies around.
------------------
"It is the customary fate of new truths to begin as heresies and to end as superstitions." - T. H. Huxley

James T

Screenwriter
I don't even know if Ed Furlong can even play a part in any movie anymore...he's been in and out of rehab and jail...I think just a couple days he was on the news...I can't remember exactly what it was for, but his first offence of the DAY involved driving without a driver's licence

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Sean, their are a few reasons why feel this film will just not work.
1. Arnold himself. He is too old and dare I say it, too thin now to play the Terminator, they wouldn't dare replace him.
2. No Jim. I must seriously question a Terminator film directed by someone else for the simple reason that if a talented, gifted, and intelligent filmmaker like James Cameron didn't want to direct a movie based on a story that he himself created and nurtured, then I have to conclude that their must be something very wrong with this whole project, and besides, he has said that he officialy wrapped up the story at the end of 'T2' and feels that their is nowhere else to go with it.
3. No inspiration. 'T2' was an inspired sequel, the story had a lot of areas that could still be explored, and a sequel felt very necessary.
4. No villian. IMHO thier is NO WAY their going to be able to top Robert Patrick as the T-1000, never!
5. No Linda. A terminator film WITHOUT Sarah Conner, PAHLEEEZ!
6. I heard somewhere that this film will be based at least partly in the future and we'll get to see things that were talked about in 1 and 2. Not necessary. This completly underminds the audiences intelligence, it's like the scene at the end of 'Psycho' when the shrink spills all the beans on why Norman was screwed up, destroys the integrity of everything that went before it.
This is the most clear-cut case of Hollywood doing a needless sequel just to make a quick buck, as i've ever seen! However, i'd be lying if I said that i'm not going to see it at least once out of sheer curiosity, but I fear the worst, I hope in this case i'm wrong.
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!
[Edited last by John Williamson on October 11, 2001 at 10:20 PM]
[Edited last by John Williamson on October 11, 2001 at 10:23 PM]

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
Starting this thread back up, because the tidbit of news that I read today had to be shared.
This came from "Cinema Confidential"
"Terminator 3" is set to be greenlit, but at what expense?
Michael Flemming at Variety reports that the "Terminator 3" project, which has been moving extremely slowly, is finally close to being greenlit but at a possible $160 million dollar production budget. This would beat "Pearl Harbor" which was greenlit by Disney for $135 million.
The film's production company, Intermedia Films, has the ability to fully finance the film but it is expected that the studio that chooses to distribute the film will share in the costs. The trade reports that Sony and Universal Pictures are the two studios currently interested in picking up the project.
I am in the camp that this movie should not be made (especially since Cameron and Hamilton aren't doing it).
Brett B.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
What other piece of future technology was forgotten that would make it possible for the machines to exist? Will there still be a war then?

Hubert

Second Unit
What a joke! 'T3', give me a break! Man I REALLY hope this ridiculous project never happens!
That's what I said about Jason X and I got pasted for it. You would have thought Friday the 13th was the greatest movie franchise in history. To each his own, I guess.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
What other piece of future technology was forgotten that would make it possible for the machines to exist?
Arnie's arm was crushed in the gears in T2 and ripped off. I'll have to agree and say that I don't relish the idea of a T3, especially without the Linda Hamilton as Sarah Conner, but who knows? Maybe we'll all be surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread