What's new

Terminator 1 & 2 (1 Viewer)

Van Ling

Insider
Norbert and friends: I don't have any more current info on the status of the T1 disc; I can only say I'm still on hold in my work on the title and have been so for literally years now. I surmise that it's not only Jim Cameron who will need to find the time to put some attention to it, but Arnold as well. As it seems that our former governor has had some other issues to contend with lately, I'm sure that will impact the forward movement of the disc too. Obviously, I think that these two gentlemen's participation is worth waiting for, and I would expect that most fans would agree.
Thanks to everyone for their patience and continued interest!
V
PS: In the meantime, if anyone is interested in what I've been working on while I'm waiting, I created 3D trailers for both THX (the new Broadway 3D trailer with the light streaks) and DTS (the "Living World of Audio" piece with the undersea environment and creatures all made from home theatre equipment); both trailers are available in Blu-ray 3D on the THX Calibrator disc and DTS Demo disc #15, respectively. In addition, I've had the opportunity to work on visual effects and/or graphics for a number of films, telefilms, series and attractions, including Cave of Forgotten Dreams, The Walking Dead, Piranha 3D, Lifetime's Last Man Standing, and the Skyline Bar aboard the Disney Dream cruise ship. And if you get a chance to visit Anaheim or Orlando, check out the updated Star Tours attraction, where you can see my work on much of the preshow queue screens, and if you're really sharp-eyed, try to find my cameo and other Easter Eggs we did in the passenger wall shadow gags!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
where you can see my work on much of the preshow queue screens, and if you're really sharp-eyed, try to find my cameo and other Easter Eggs we did in the passenger wall shadow gags
flpn A !!!

NagysAudio

Auditioning
Real Name
Norbert
Thank you for updating us. Please keep us posted if anything should change. We are all anxiously waiting.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Any word on a 20th anniversary or upcoming release of T2? If not, I may finally have to get the Skynet edition.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the skynet edition is worth getting. it has all 3 versions of t2 and alot of extras and even the trailers are in HD.
Jacob

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
TheBat said:
the skynet edition is worth getting. it has all 3 versions of t2 and alot of extras and even the trailers are in HD.
Jacob
Currently $5 at Target if you can find it there.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
On a busier forum, someone just said "Just seen some artwork for a new release of The Terminator (which looks like a Fox release and not MGM) and a message stating a release date of May 2012."
Any info? Just a straight reissue, or something better?

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
TonyD said:
Currently $5 at Target if you can find it there.
Warning on the $5 deal at Target. I actually just tried to buy this the other day at my local Target, and it turned out that in the "Skynet Edition" case was the old 2006 Blu-ray with only the theatrical cut and the 2 commentaries. I took it back to get another, with the same result: the old disc in the Skynet packaging.
Just a heads-up.

NagysAudio

Auditioning
Real Name
Norbert
Hi Mr. Ling,
Can you please confirm that the UK release of The Terminator (steelbook Blu-Ray) on September 3rd, 2012 has indeed the new Lowry/Lightstorm transfer? Thank you for your time.
Here's the link to the release news: http://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17094

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Mike Wadkins said:
Any news on the new UK release Van or the upcoming US boxset of all four movies?
Unless MGM, Lionsgate and Warner Bros. have decided to join forces I don't see a boxset of all four films coming out. At least not in the U.S. We don't really need one anyway - the first film is the only one in need of a restoration/new edition.
That the original is being reissued in the UK is great news but what about the US?

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor

Van Ling

Insider
Folks: unfortunately I still have no news on T1 for you; I have not been approached to restart the project, though this does not mean they have not moved ahead with someone else. If that's the case it may be entirely possible that the new releases have a new transfer, but I'm not aware of any such developments (nor would I be if it indeed happened).
In regards to the Columbia House set, it is entirely possible that they licensed all four titles from the three respective studios to collect into a boxed set, but it would literally be the same pressings from the existing individual releases, with no newly-created materials at all. As long as it does not interfere with their own internal marketing plans, studios in general have no problem with licensing their existing products for such compilations to squeeze more profit out them. Just don't be fooled into thinking that they only re-release titles when they have something new to add! It pays to recycle! ;-)
Best to all,
V

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks