Tentative dates for future Paramount DVD releases including The Longest Yard remake

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Don_Limey, May 26, 2005.

1. Don_Limey

Don_Limey Stunt Coordinator

From thedigitalbits.com

We've gotten some new information from our industry sources on street dates for some big upcoming Paramount titles - both new and classic Special Collector's Editions.

The Tommy Boy: Holy Schnike Special Collector's Edition is tentatively set for 8/3.

Adam Sandler and Burt Reynolds' new The Longest Yard remake is expected on 9/20.

The Warriors: Special Collector's Edition will arrive on 10/4.

Mike Epps and Cedric the Entertainer's soon-to-open version of the The Honeymooners is tentatively expected on 10/18.

We've been told to look for the new 2-disc and 4-disc versions of the Titanic: Special Collector's Edition on 10/18 as well (you can read more about these DVDs here, from our coverage of the announcement event with director James Cameron back in early March).

The War of the Worlds: Special Collector's Edition will arrive on 11/1.

A pair of new-to-DVD Diana Ross films, Lady Sings the Blues and Mahogany, will arrive on 11/8.

Finally, 11/15 will see the release of an Airplane: Don't Call Me Shirley Special Collector's Edition.

Remember, all these street dates are to be considered tentative until officially announced by the studio (and they could still shift around a little between now and then).

By the way, we've learned that Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill: Special Editions, which had very tentatively been planned for release in August, have been delayed until later in the year.

Stay tuned!

2. David Levy

David Levy Stunt Coordinator

Don't Call Me Surely Edition? I mean - what the fuck are these guys smoking?

3. Bradley-E

Bradley-E Screenwriter

DAVIS DVD reports that the short lived (44 Eps) TV Series of WAR OF THE WORLDS will be released also. Is the 11/1 date for the remake and the original?

Hopefully POLICE SQUAD will be released at the same time as AIRPLANE!.

4. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

It is about TIME!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony Stunt Coordinator

Wow!! Thought Paramount would never release "Lady Sings The Blues" and it is about time! [​IMG] Hopefully, a Special Edition with commentary and extras.

6. DanR

DanR Supporting Actor

Wasn't there supposed to be a Braveheart SE and also SE's of the Mission Impossible films this year?

Regards,
    Dan

7. Osato

Osato Producer

Same question for me on War of the Worlds as well.

8. Chris Bergmann

Chris Bergmann Second Unit

And what about those SEs of Face/Off and Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

9. Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony Stunt Coordinator

I think I got my wish! http://www.dvdempire.com has just snuck in the upcoming release of "Lady Sings The Blues" as a Special Edition...including a commentary by Berry Gordy and Sidney J. Furie, deleted scenes, with both Dolby Digital 5.1 and Mono sound!

BTW, the DVD cover is beautiful! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]