What's new

Tennant to leave TARDIS in 2010 (1 Viewer)

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
He's given an incredible boost to the show and helped make it what it is today. I'll definitely miss the mannerisms he's created in the character. But alas, he's right. It's time to move on to other projects and let someone else take the helm of the TARDIS. But man will it be difficult to fill his shoes!

Then again, I said the same thing when Christopher Eccleston left the show.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well we still have the Christmas special this year along with the shorty from the Children in Need special.

Then there will be four specials in 2009, which I'm sure he will do another Children in Need shorty in 2009.

So we should have a pretty good fourth special episode with his regeneration.

It's going to be hard to see him go and to see someone else replace him.
I've loved Tennant as Doctor Who.

Makes you wonder how his daughter
is going to find him.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
And here i thought they held off on the next series/season just so he WOULD come back to the part full time in 2010.
He is a great Dr. and i will miss him, but Tom Baker still has the number 1 spot in my mind.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
This is interesting given that I've read before that he became an actor specifically to play the Doctor.

I was sorry to see Eccleston go, and I'll be sorry to see Tennant go. I've really enjoyed the past 4 seasons (series).

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
There's an article on the Beeb about possible successors:
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Doctor Who: The runners and the riders

Paterson Joseph would be a decent, quirky choice. I remember him from Neverwhere, playing a character very much like the Doctor.

David Morrissey plays
another Doctor
in the forthcoming Xmas special. As such I think he's the most likely, no matter what the bookmakers say.

I would dearly love Sean Pertwee to be the new Who. He's an excellent actor, with gravitas, and I can't see him mugging to camera like Tennant does a lot.

God help us if any of the other three are chosen.

LCD22

Screenwriter
"Doctor Who" has just lost a viewer.

I had a very hard time seeing my childhood favorite Peter Davison decide it was his time to move on and regenerate in the '80s, now after three series (again!) David Tennant feels it is time to move on? It probably also comes from the bad memory of who replaced him (hated Colin Baker). What a missed opportunity that he won't be involved in Steven Moffat's first year.

I hope the five specials will get a separate release.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Considering Doctor Who is known for having a revolving door with the actor who plays him, this seems like a missed opportunity that you won't continue to watch.

I think David wanted more money and I can't believe the BBC wasn't able to give him what he wanted.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Is there one more season with Tennant as the Doctor that we in the US, (who only watch on Sci-Fi), have not seen? I know this runs in the UK usually quite some time before us Yanks get to see it.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Actually we were just a few weeks behind them with the last season. So, no Tennant doesnt have a full season that we have not seen. All he has is the 4 or 5 specials that will air until 2010 when the next full season (13 episodes) will be made. The next episode (special) will be the Christmas one, on the BBC.

I dont know how those 5 episodes will arrive to us in the US, will the BBC hold on to them until 2010 with season 5, or will we have specials too? Dunno.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I honestly hope that wasn't the real reason for his departure. Pay the man, BBC.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
From what I've heard, David Tennant will be leaving tv to work in theatre, which he's currently starring as Hamlet.

As much as I hate to see him go, the whole point of the Doctor Who is to keep it evolving.

I just wished the show had more than 13 episodes per series.

I never saw the original shows, but am now completely hooked.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I read that David will be on the BBC Breakfast on Monday. If anyone from the UK happens to catch it, I would love to know what he has to say.

It has been years since I've seen the original. The stories were serialized in (I think) 4 or 5 half-hour episodes.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Maybe more of her story will be in one of the specials? Or perhaps they'll just tell it in a book or audio.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I find that these Christmas Who's Have become somewhat of a tradition now, I get the week off after Xmas and it's nice to settle in and get an episode of Who to tide you over to the new year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks