What's new

Ten Commandments screenshots posted at AVS (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1320816 According to what's being talked about over on AVS with some screen shots Looks like Ten might be smoothened over like Patton. Ok the guy reposted the correct shots, not so bad now.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Yup! Definately looks like it was smoothed over. Not an ounce or grain from what I looked at.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
wow.

If you're going to the trouble of stripping out the grain, why not fix all the bad bluescreen composited effects as well and make the compositing seamless and awesome? Maybe replace the analog animated fire of the writing of the ten commandments with CGI fire?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Well Robert Harris is in that topic and suggested the person who posted the screenshots check his settings and repost. I wouldn't cancel any orders yet.

Scott Calvert

Supporting Actor
Judging by those pics this goes waaaay past just stripping out the grain. It looks like those horrid Kundun bluray pics that look like some kind of cell shaded animation

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Hold off on any conclusions. The screencaps have just been withdrawn due to errors in the capping process.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Michael, I changed the title, should we keep this open and wait for others to get the disc or close it up?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Michael Reuben

This was bound to happen eventually. Screaming DNR online is the equivalent to yelling fire in a crowded theater. You better be sure its there. It would be interesting to get stats from Amazon and see how many pre-orders were actually canceled....

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Originally Posted by TonyD

Michael, I changed the title, should we keep this open and wait for others to get the disc or close it up?

Might as well leave it as is. He's posted updated screenshots.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Not sure I trust this guy to provide good screenshots. I'll wait for someone such as Xylon to post them.

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Blu-ray.com posted a review (no doubt due to this issue) they gave it an excellant review. Screen shots look like an A+ Blu-ray transfer among the very best classic transfers to date - no need to cancel my order

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
saw the review, and it looks like i will be broke, but worth it, now waiting on the rest to see how they turn out, the one thing i saw in the review is that the 23 version is 1080P but did not go in to review it,

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

That's better but I'm still not convinced, I have to buy the blu-ray and see for myself if the transfer is "gorgeous" and "breathtaking".

I am glad that this transfer seems to have brought back some of those Technicolor skies and brighter hues. The dvd seemed was too dark and drab. Also, the dvd had some dnr that caused shiny objects to flicker constantly and it smeared fine detail. It has bothered me since 1999, so I will be happy to finally stop watching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks