What's new

"Ten Commandments" Blu-Ray Box set $29.99 TODAY ONLY (7/4/11) at Best Buy! (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Oh my god, thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention! I've been dying to get the box set (it's the only way to get the 1923 version) but have not been able to find a decent price anywhere. I just placed an order for in-store pickup. :banana:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Amazing deal. I forget what I paid but it sure wasn't anything near that. Go for it!

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Rings up instore @ the $29.99 price. Also can use the $5 dollar off $14.99 or higher coupon to bring it down to $24.99.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Just picked up my copy from BB. Now I understand why Amazon stopped carrying it because of the packaging problems. The discs were so tight on the hubs, that one of my discs cracked in the inside hole. Luckily the crack doesn't extend out to the playing surface so the disc plays fine. I'm just worried that the crack might grow.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
I usually refuse to buy these "gift collections" out of principle, but the price ($24.99 after coupon) was just to good to pass up. I was waiting for an eventual UK release, but I've heard nothing regarding an eventual release across the pond (or for that matter, a gimmick-free edition Stateside with the 1923 version).

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Mark-P said:
Just picked up my copy from BB. Now I understand why Amazon stopped carrying it because of the packaging problems. The discs were so tight on the hubs, that one of my discs cracked in the inside hole. Luckily the crack doesn't extend out to the playing surface so the disc plays fine. I'm just worried that the crack might grow.
Yeah, I had a similar experience, not to mention how difficult it was to even get to discs 5&6! I suppose, in theory, it's a cool packaging concept, but seriously...don't studios have somebody on staff to test out custom packaging for ease of use???

ReggieW

Screenwriter
SD_Brian said:
Yeah, I had a similar experience, not to mention how difficult it was to even get to discs 5&6! I suppose, in theory, it's a cool packaging concept, but seriously...don't studios have somebody on staff to test out custom packaging for ease of use???
Stuff like this continues to puzzle me to no end. This is another reason why I hate these fancy packages. What's the point of having them if you can't safely/practically remove the discs from the package to watch the film without damaging the discs? It certainly isn't difficult to design a case that's flashy but practical, but for some reason the studios keep screwing this up? Strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks