Temporary Television

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ozwald, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Ozwald

Ozwald Auditioning

hi,
    i'm planning on buying a 36xbr450, but i'm not going to have the money for about 6-12 months. I need a tv in between though since me and my roomate am parting ways. I can't stand watching a tv with a big bubble screen, yet I don't want to spend too much money. Size isn't as important to me as quality so help me out. Thanks a lot.

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Ozwald,
    You don't mention a price range. For around $600 you could get a 27" Sony Wega with flat screen and 16/9 squeeze mode. For a couple of hundred less a JVC or Sharp 27 incher would have a flatter screen than most Toshibas.
    ------------------
    Steve S.
    I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

3. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

If size is not important, check out the 20 and 24 inch flat screen offerings from JVC, Panasonic, Sony and Toshiba. All 4 have 24 inch flat screens for somewhere around $400-$500. You can pick up the Toshiba 20 inch flat screen (20AF41) for $300 or less. I just bought one of the latter. I am not sure on the pricing for the panasonic but I do know that Sony comes in at a little more and seems to have less features for the $$$. In addition, for $600 or so, I believe you can get the flat screen JVC 27 inch I'Art - 27F702. It's the little brother of the more expensive 27F802. If you can't afford a true flat screen at 27 inch prices, but you like the look of the flat screens (i.e. side speakers, gray cabinet), check out the JVC 27 inch D series.
    hope this helps,
    --tom

4. Abdul Jalib

Abdul Jalib Stunt Coordinator