What's new

Tell us what you will be doing when HTF is offline during our move and win some classic Blu-rays! (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I might spend part of the time hooking up my surround speakers. I used to have a 5.0 setup when I lived up north, but the main room down here in Florida doesn't lend itself to a surround setup without wires running all over the place. I've been living with a 3.0 setup now for a couple of years. So I need to investigate other options. Assuming I'm successful, that would mean pulling out some nifty surround-reference-type DVDs and Blu-rays and giving the sound system a whirl. I'll undoubtedly spend part of the time on the computer, marveling at the hometheaterforum.com page which will likely say something like "We're moving" or "Under Construction" or here's our Facebook and Twitter address for updates. And I'll undoubtedly hit refresh a number of times on those aforementioned Twitter pages (I'm not a Facebook guy and won't go there.) And I might take advantage of Spring Training Baseball down here in Florida. Harry

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I will be on vacation in Florida during that time, so it won't affect me at all.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'll be alone most of the weekend, except for the GF(that is her military commitment weekend) coming back Sunday...but everybody else will be gone... Time for catching up one those "crappy movies" you love anyway... Call me Salome... Caligula(the real version...bad editing and all) Nathalie (Chloe who???)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I will be sitting and staring at my computer screen, my conscience wracked, daydreaming of stealing Mike Knapp's spot on The Price Is Right.

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I will be crawling into a fetal position and sucking my thumb until this horror is over.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I'll just be thankful that the change is happening over the weekend, when I actually have interesting things to do. Had the move happened during the week, I might have had to.... work... while I was at work .

Steve Boughton

Auditioning
Real Name
steve boughton
I WILL B SITTING BACK CHILLIN WAITING FOR MY FREE BLU RAYS!! AND OF COURSE FOR THE FORUM TO OPEN BACK UP :P

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I'll probably spend more time on the photography forums, and wishing I was a better photographer. I'm sure I'll catch a movie or two also, from Netflix, while anxious about HTF getting back online. :) Good luck surviving the time off everyone! Eat well, and drink plenty of liquids...............

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
I'll be in Arizona, in my shorts and tee shirt, with a cold microbrew in my hand, watching spring training baseball. If I can't be online at HTF, I'll just have to be satisfied with this.

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I'll be watching the Blu-ray of Lawrence of Arabia twelve times in a row, and smiling each time I see Robert A. Harris' name in the credits.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'll be watching Action/Adventure/Crime/Mystery films from my collection or playing board games (Catan, Carcassonne, Labyrinth, or Seeland) with the grandkids while my computer, undergoing heavy withdrawal pains, refreshes the HTF page automatically every 30 seconds. :)

mpompey

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Michael Pompey
Cyber-squatting on Professor Echo's HOME AWAY FROM HOME THEATER FORUM domain!

Everett S.

Movie King (formally a projectionist)
Real Name
Everett
TonyD said:
There are many things I could do. I would like to have my iPad on my lap while hitting the refresh button every few seconds. Would like to spend the free time with my wife. Maybe I could visit my parents or grandparents. Take the dogs for a walk. Go out for a run. Tale a long drive out to the country What I will likely be doing is using the time to prepare and pack for our soon to come move to Orlando from the Philly 'burbs. Disney and Universal Studios here we come.
I guess I will be giving the Penn theatre in Wilmington another chance to entertain me. As I had a not too good a time when I went to see "Zero Dark Thirty". I have a reantry ticket. The picture was shown in the wrong aspect before I reported it. Only one Management person was working. I felt sorry for her, trying to run the booth and deal with complaints. The Imax was down also. Should always be at lease two managers on when they also have to run the booth.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks