What's new

Tell Me About Soundbars (1 Viewer)

Uncle Rico

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam
Good Morning Home Theater. I have stumbled across this forum so I doing what any normal person does these days. Going to the internet for a solution. This is my first time posting. Please be gentle.

We are building a home and I have some A/V issues that I am trying to figure out as the home is being constructed. I have very limited knowledge of this topic, but I want to have a plan going into this so I can figure out what I need to buy.

Our living room with be the biggest issue. We will have a media room up-stairs so I don’t want a rockin setup, just something that sounds good. The room size is about 15 x 15 and the TV will be mounted on the stone fireplace about 6' off the floor. The components will be housed in a closet that is ~37 feet away and I will be using a BD Player and a cable box (AT&T).The issue is the sound. So, I have thought about getting a soundbar and mounting below the TV on the fireplace. That would be the easy solution, but the builder is also adding 2 speaker cut-outs in the ceiling in the back of the room. I would like to incorporate those into the sound bar, but I am reading that is not an option. That true?

Would a sound bar provide enough audio for the size of the room? If so, which one and would it sound good?

Thank You.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your best option is an actual receiver with a three channel passive soundbar(Pinnacle QP or Leon in Michigan. Just two of hundreds upon hundreds of options).Your other option is a Yamaha "soundbar system" (they have 4 or 5 if them) that includes the use of rear speakers. The hoop, and a big one, is to figure out if any of them can use in-wall speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks