What's new

Television music (i.e., "American Idol") with a Magnepan setup (1 Viewer)

AlexInCola

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
If you've seen my previous post, yes, I'm *still* researching and leaning toward a Maggie setup (probably MC1 fronts, MMCC or CC3 center and MMGW surrounds). I've read so much about the "live" or "being there" quality of Maggies. Since I'm such a fan of "American Idol", I'm wondering if any other fans watch this show (or shows like it) with a Maggie stereo or surround system and what impressions or opinions you have regarding watching this or similar shows using a Maggie system. To what extent do you think Maggies give a "lifelike" quality to "Idol" using a 5.1 Maggie setup versus conventional stereo/5.1 speaker systems? Is it something that really has to be experienced to be believed or is it more of a mainstream listening experience? Just curious, but I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Real Name
Dean
Maggies are amazing speakers in the correct setup. The Maggie 1.6 (now the 1.7) is an all time favorite. The detail is utterly astounding.

Remember they tend to have a narrow dispersion both vertically and horizontally to you'll need to sit in the correct location. They're also sensitive to placement. I'm working on a solution to placing Maggies close to walls (authorized by Magnepan).

The surrounds are very flexible.

Good luck with the Magnepans. I'm a big fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks