What's new

Teleportation: You Won't Believe This (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Here's the story from Denmark:
Link Removed
[Edited last by Peter Kline on September 27, 2001 at 01:27 PM]

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Ignore, the link works now...
rolleyes.gif

------------------
BLAM!
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun.
I'm looking to trade my Toshiba 40 x 81 HDTV for a CRT or DLP FP
Check out my movie mural here... http://www.geocities.com/superfacehu...ater_Page.html
[Edited last by Micheal on September 27, 2001 at 01:29 PM]

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Sorry. Every time I post a link it doesn't work the first time until I edit and re -post. Anyone know why?
------------------

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Sounds promising but at the rate things are going, we would have eradicated ourselves off this planet long before teleportation of objects (particularly organic ones) can be done from one place to another.
orangeman
------------------
Link Removed

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Peter,
If you have a signature, then a link as the last line of your post always gets scrogged. To prevent this, just put an extra blank line after the link.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jasen: I love your sig image! Bravo!
Neil: You're starting to sound as pessimistic as I am becoming (wondering, for example, if we'll ever send humans to Mars and back to the Moon).
As for that Science of Star Trek documentary: As I recall, the producers held that teleportation is the least likely Trek feature ever to come to pass. Physicists almost recoil at the sheer magnitude of such a concept.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Believe it or not, teleportation is one of the reasons I can never become a real Star Trek fan. Ever since I was a kid, the concept has seemed too far fetched and too... "easy" for me, too much for my suspension of disbelief, even in a sci-fi movie... ain't that something?
That is one of the reasons I LOVE Babylon 5 universe so much more, it is much easier for me to stomach.
--
Holadem - no, I am not imagination challenged
wink.gif

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yes, but be careful, or else you'll end up like that poor fellow who turned into a fly!
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
That's pretty cool, but teleportation of people probably won't happen for a few generations, if at all.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I don't think teleportation will ever come about because the evil oil companies will stamp it out...
biggrin.gif

BTW, this sounds like a Martin Ortiz topic. Where is Martin? Haven't seen him post in awhile...
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
By the time it can be done we will probably have depleted all of our oil on Earth anyhow :)
You have to wonder though, what kind of repairmen we'd have in the future. What if something goes wrong with the teleporter and half you goes to Zimbabwe and another half to Maui? How ya fix that litle problem :) (Ahhh...fill out a HEAT ticket and we'll get to it by the end of the week
biggrin.gif
can ya tell what industry i am in?)
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
If that interests you and you haven't read Michael Crichton's Timeline [/], then go out a buy a copy right now! I couldn't put this book down, read it in 2 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks